Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Filson Medium Travel bag Last post on 6/14/14 at 9:50pm in Buying and Selling
- A Functional, Stylish Briefcase for a Traveling Businessman Last post on 7/19/15 at 8:20am in Classic Menswear
- Finding THE leather bag... Last post on 10/17/16 at 4:29am in Streetwear and Denim
- Cloth messenger bag that collapses down flat Last post on 1/6/13 at 3:47am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
Last edited: 4/26/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: AccessoriesLast edited: 11/11/15
- Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In Search of the Perfect...Last edited: 11/23/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures - Page 135post #2012 of 612812/11/12 at 1:22amQuote:Thanks Brooks. Yea. I guess I am more inclined on getting the 256 now. As to Tan or OG, I will get the Tan since it will be my first Filson. Something more classic n casual looking than the OG.Originally Posted by Brooks
I think a 256 will suit you needs better. It has a bunch of little pockets to organize and separate your things whereas the 232 is just one big open space. As for the look I would say the 256 is less casual that the 232 but still casual. I think it will suit your style well. The real question now is Tan or OGpost #2013 of 612812/11/12 at 8:07am
Has anyone used any of their Filson bags for back-packing type trips abroad? Going to be doing a week long trip to Eurasia later this spring and am in the market for a new bag. The rucksack would be nice but seems too small for a weeks worth of clothes, even packing as lightly as I plan to. Years ago I knocked around Italy for a week with a duffel but I remember that being hard on my shoulder after a while. A larger rucksack seems to be a big hole in their lineup. Just looking for thoughts and experiences.
p.s. anyone else notice that the entire "Passage" collection has been purged from their website. Good riddance...post #2014 of 612812/11/12 at 10:16amTo be honest if you're planning on a back-packing trip holding a weeks worth of clothes, I don't recommend Filson. The weight of a Filson bag with gear is going to take its toll after a while. I'd look into maybe a 75L (or 60 since you say you don't pack much) multi-day backpack to handle that kind of work. Although you won't be as stylish, you'll be a hell lot more comfortable.post #2015 of 612812/11/12 at 10:33amQuote:I don't have any of the larger Filson luggage but I would agree with Jean. If you really want to keep some Filson on you maybe also grab a 230.Originally Posted by jeannoob
To be honest if you're planning on a back-packing trip holding a weeks worth of clothes, I don't recommend Filson. The weight of a Filson bag with gear is going to take its toll after a while. I'd look into maybe a 75L (or 60 since you say you don't pack much) multi-day backpack to handle that kind of work. Although you won't be as stylish, you'll be a hell lot more comfortable.
You could try one of the Frost packs if you want that old rustic look. They've got some pretty big bags but I don't know if they are that comfortable. This guy doesn't seem to mind using it to carry a bunch of his things:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVndQ17-W-opost #2016 of 612812/11/12 at 10:37amDon't use anything Filson, it's way too heavy. You should look into a brand that makes more technical gear designed for what you're going to do.
There are a lot of brands that can provide you with a good backpack, but the only personal experience I've had is with a Tom Bihn Brainbag (I think that's the model), that has compression straps across the chest and waist, and elsewhere. You'll want really good support. I've had it since 2007, and although it doesn't get a lot of use, I don't see any reason why I won't still be using it for another 10 years.
Oh, it's also made in the US if you're into that kinda thing.post #2017 of 612812/11/12 at 10:54amPeople above already said it. Heritage brands are heritage for a reason ; they seem to fall back in some aspects. If you're backpacking don't go with heavyweight canvas but go with something light like ballistic nylon. Tumi, NorthFace and samsonite make hard wearing (no spear-proof) travel bags.post #2018 of 612812/11/12 at 4:21pmgonna answer 2 unanswered questions here
denim stains: you can try spotwashing the stains with a soapy rag, but basically, I'd say don't bother. The bag is there to be used. Embrace that stain. My bag has seen 2 pairs of jeans worth of indigo and it'll see many, many more.
plastic stuck in my zipper: this happened to me too. I plucked what plastic I could from the teeth--often when you can only see a little on the top, there's a lot more grabable on the underside. I used needlenose pliers to grab the plastic forcefully. It only came out bit by bit, but eventually, a lot came out. You can try pushing individual teeth around to see if it allows more plastic to come free. As you try to get it all out, you can (lightly) check to see if the slider will pass through the spot, but if you get it jammed on there, it'll take a good bit of force to get it back off, and I don't recommend it. I've also read that "soap works well on stuck zippers" but that may make the plastic too slippery to pull out either so that may not be the best choice here. Once all of it was out and I could zip the bag normally again, I did find that the zipper was a bit catchy at that spot for a few days. You can try nudging individual teeth around to see if you can ease that problem up. You'll probably be able to see which ones are a little out of line.post #2019 of 612812/11/12 at 4:49pmpost #2020 of 612812/11/12 at 5:15pmpost #2021 of 612812/11/12 at 5:59pmpost #2022 of 612812/11/12 at 11:17pmpost #2023 of 612812/12/12 at 2:31ampost #2024 of 612812/12/12 at 9:12ampost #2025 of 612812/12/12 at 9:54amQuote:
Frankly, yes. I think I just have used backpacks so long that any shoulder bag gets a bit uncomfortable for me. Not to mention I have a heavy laptop, notebooks, umbrella, and generally put my gym clothes/shoes in there as well.
Can't say that it would necessarily be much heavier than any other bag though, plus it's bulletproof.
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories
- › 澳洲UTAS毕 业证Q/微信834065630→UTAS学历认证办塔斯马尼亚大学毕 业证成绩单 5 seconds ago
- › 澳洲USQ毕 业证Q/微信834065630→USQ学历认证办南昆士兰大学毕 业证成绩单 11 seconds ago
- › 澳洲UNISA毕 业证Q/微信834065630→UNISA学历认证办南澳大学毕 业证成绩单 19 seconds ago
- › 澳洲堪培拉毕 业证Q/微信834065630→堪培拉大学学历认证办堪培拉大学毕 业证成绩单 29 seconds ago
- › 澳洲UWA毕 业证Q/微信834065630→UWA学历认证办西澳大学毕 业证成绩单 36 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 45 seconds ago
- › 澳洲USYD毕 业证Q/微信834065630→USYD学历认证办悉尼大学毕 业证成绩单 52 seconds ago
- › 澳洲UQ毕 业证Q/微信834065630→UQ学历认证办昆士兰大学毕 业证成绩单 1 minute ago
- › 澳洲Newcastle毕 业证Q/微信834065630→Newcastle学历认证办纽卡大学毕 业证成绩单 1 minute ago
- › 澳洲UNSW毕 业证Q/微信834065630→UNSW学历认证办新南威尔士大学毕 业证成绩单 1 minute ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...