Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/9/16 at 4:10pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5695post #85411 of 10905410/20/13 at 8:52am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #85412 of 10905410/20/13 at 9:00am
gdl can confirm, but I think the notification is just for returned items. no restocking of supply since many of the items are specially-made or limited run ("curated"?:-) for No Man. So we might be out of luck on the LB.
that navy hopsack looks so good though. enjoy, whoever got one!post #85413 of 10905410/20/13 at 11:07ampost #85414 of 10905410/20/13 at 11:10amDoes anyone else have clothing that looks sweet in a full-length mirror but, when they try to take a waywt, realize it looks awful within the funhouse nightmarescape of a camera set at a low angle? I can't be the only onepost #85415 of 10905410/20/13 at 11:12amhad a dream i somehow ended up in colorado with stanleyvanburen unprepared with my duffel bag and hmxmmm boots while he was wearing his gats, somehow synth was with us but he was faceless like his waywt photos and i was saying man there isn't shit out here, so we just started walking down the highway for miles and miles because we didn't have a car but all our shit was in the back of a pick up truck when we left, strange...then i said is there any fucking sf members out here and i remembered noctone but when i pulled up the map i couldn't find boulder, completely forgot about spope until i woke up sorry man anyway after walking for 15 miles these guys wanted to give up and go home and i called them a bunch of pussies bc i walked that much in my knockoff boots and i was ready for more, somehow we ended up back at the truck and we packed out shit to come back to LA, pretty disappointing endpost #85416 of 10905410/20/13 at 11:30ampost #85417 of 10905410/20/13 at 11:33amQuote:Quote:
totally aware...your comment would have been better placed after a post with me questioning his statement thoughpost #85418 of 10905410/20/13 at 11:34ampost #85419 of 10905410/20/13 at 11:38amQuote:
I've got a cheapie half length mirror angled upwards that for whatever reason makes you look slimmer than in my giant bedroom one
more than one woman has commented how thin they look in it, makes me look lanky as fuckpost #85420 of 10905410/20/13 at 12:02pmpost #85421 of 10905410/20/13 at 1:22pmpost #85422 of 10905410/20/13 at 2:40pmpost #85423 of 10905410/20/13 at 2:41pmQuote:
its probably the angle, assuming your mirror isn't warped. You're viewing from head-height in the mirror, but if your camera is low, say waist height or lower, it will throw all the proportions off. Where I prop up my camera, I think its a bit above belly-button height for me.
Or maybe you're just standing different when you stand for the picture since you don't have a reference for what you look like (unless your mirror is behind your camera, in which case, forget this point).post #85424 of 10905410/20/13 at 5:10pm
So... I'm lacing up the details for the Styleforum NYC vendors show, and... it is essentially going to be above/beside Blue in Green. So, that should be cool. NMWA, Rob's Yellow Hook Neckties, The Hanger Project, and Kent Wang, and we are waiting for a few others. Anyone recommend some good place to get food for the event for around there? I sorta want to get Mission Chinese and see how well people do eating Pok Pok pig tails and handling 4-ply cashmere at the same time.post #85425 of 10905410/20/13 at 7:03pmQuote:
Not sure how close by you need, but The Dutch is near.
Mission Chinese is so good, and recently reopened after being shut down by DOH for some pretty nasty violations.
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
- › What are you drinking right now? 8 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 53 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 2 minutes ago
- › Neckties: A Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 5 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn PO Taped Khaki Coat Size 50 (40 US) 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker 7 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Thrift Thread Maker Label Guide 9 minutes ago
- › Why are cotton/poly blend shirts undesirable? 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?