or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cheese

post #1 of 27
Thread Starter 
I'm very fortunate to live in the Netherlands. The best cheese, believe it or not, comes from here. We got the Gouda and the Edam. Lovely.
I'm personally into young cheeses so this place is like paradise for me.



I could eat Gouda all day accompanied with some olives..or some sausage on the side.

Now what's your favourite cheese?
post #2 of 27
Just revive this thread, and you'll get all the cheese talk you want:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...t=keep+talking
post #3 of 27
You like it, the cheese?
post #4 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flambeur View Post
You like it, the cheese?

I like cow's milk cheese I'm not sure which cheeses you are into..
post #5 of 27
Prefer the oude kaas

K
post #6 of 27
Thread Starter 
Naa...
post #7 of 27
Are individually wrapped cheese singles available in the Netherlands?
post #8 of 27
Back from my monthly trip down to Santa Monica and stopped by Andrew's Cheese Shop, as usual. Got some Figaro from Andante Dairy, a goat milk cheese wrapped in a wine soaked fig leaf and made only at the end of the fig season, and some Grevenbroecker, an awesome blue that looks like marble.
post #9 of 27
post #10 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph K. Bank View Post
Are individually wrapped cheese singles available in the Netherlands?


I don't know.
There's great cheeses that are machine wrapped over here, so there's no need for me to get individually wrapped ones.
post #11 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianBoyz View Post
I don't know.
There's great cheeses that are machine wrapped over here, so there's no need for me to get individually wrapped ones.

The individually wrapped cheese singles are good, sometimes when cheese is kept in the same bag together it can stick and break apart when you try to remove a single slice; especially if it was cut thinly which I prefer.
post #12 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph K. Bank View Post
The individually wrapped cheese singles are good, sometimes when cheese is kept in the same bag together it can stick and break apart when you try to remove a single slice; especially if it was cut thinly which I prefer.

Are you talking actual cheese, or cheese product? The cheese product is ever so good, and has a great shelf life.
post #13 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
Are you talking actual cheese, or cheese product? The cheese product is ever so good, and has a great shelf life.

Do you consider Kraft Singles to be a cheese or cheese product? I think it is made the same way that a cheddar or brie is but individually wrapped after it has been sliced.
post #14 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph K. Bank View Post
Do you consider Kraft Singles to be a cheese or cheese product? I think it is made the same way that a cheddar or brie is but individually wrapped after it has been sliced.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kraft_Singles

Quote:
Kraft Singles, like most other Kraft Cheese products, are marketed under "pasteurized prepared cheese product".

Ingredients: milk, whey, milkfat, milk protein concentrate, salt, calcium phosphate, sodium citrate, whey protein concentrate, sodium phosphate, sorbic acid as a preservative, apocarotenal (color),annatto (color), enzymes, vitamin D3, cheese culture,yellow dye.

Very tasty, and much easier to handle than some namby-pamby Euro cheese.
post #15 of 27
As much as I love other cheeses, Kraft singles are great for a grilled cheese with tomato soup.

K
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home