Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Bamboo sport coats
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bamboo sport coats - Page 2

post #16 of 26
I have a bamboo and rayon suit from Corneliani, as pictured below (as you can see, I got some slack for the pattern matching on WAYWRN ). The fabric is lightweight and quite breathable, somewhat similar to linen but a little thicker. What's really neat is that the wrinkles from the daily wear disappear after I allow the suit to hang for a few days. Overall very happy with my purchase.
post #17 of 26
I have a jacket from Corneliani. The fabric is labeled as 100% rayon from bamboo. It is lightweight. No experience on other aspects as I have not had it altered yet


New to the site so do not how to post pic yet. Sorry.
post #18 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingusa View Post
New to the site so do not how to post pic yet. Sorry.
Welcome to SF. You may host your images for free on sites like Photobucket and then copy the image link directly into the thread.
post #19 of 26
Is the bamboo used synthetic or natural?
post #20 of 26
I was told by a Isaia sales rep that they had to consistantly renew the fabric due to the bamboo was not keeping there shape .To much sagging after several wears.The quest was to to find the perfect blend for this new found material.I stayed away from since that was mentioned .
post #21 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishon View Post
Welcome to SF. You may host your images for free on sites like Photobucket and then copy the image link directly into the thread.


Thanks, Mishon. Here is my 1st pic on SF - my bamboo jacket.

post #22 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by lutfa View Post
I was told by a Isaia sales rep that they had to consistantly renew the fabric due to the bamboo was not keeping there shape .To much sagging after several wears.The quest was to to find the perfect blend for this new found material.I stayed away from since that was mentioned .
This has been my experience as well with Isaia bamboo jacket. The pockets sag and the wrinkles don't disappear all that easily.
post #23 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishon View Post
I have a bamboo and rayon suit from Corneliani, as pictured below (as you can see, I got some slack for the pattern matching on WAYWRN ). The fabric is lightweight and quite breathable, somewhat similar to linen but a little thicker. What's really neat is that the wrinkles from the daily wear disappear after I allow the suit to hang for a few days. Overall very happy with my purchase.



hey this is incredibly nice , nice pic !
post #24 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishon View Post
I have a bamboo and rayon suit from Corneliani, as pictured below (as you can see, I got some slack for the pattern matching on WAYWRN ). The fabric is lightweight and quite breathable, somewhat similar to linen but a little thicker. What's really neat is that the wrinkles from the daily wear disappear after I allow the suit to hang for a few days. Overall very happy with my purchase.

That is one sharp summer suit....woo hoo!
post #25 of 26
How Bamboo Clothing Is Made When we look at tall, hard canes of bamboo it''s hard to believe that these plants could eventually turn into clothing that''s amongst the softest available. Cashmere, silk and cotton we can understand, but bamboo? It''s not surprising we wonder how bamboo clothing is made. Bamboo is a grass and although the culm wall is hard, the leaves and inner pith can be easily pulped and processed into a bamboo fibre through a process of crushing and mixing with caustic soda, a low impact chemical. The first pulping leaves a thick pulp that has a variety of uses. When it''s destined to become bamboo clothing, it''s crushed and mixed into fine pulp that''s easily spun into bamboo fibre that''s no thicker than the average human hair, with a round smooth surface that''s perfect for spinning into bamboo yarn destined to become bamboo clothing that will be in contact with the skin. Yarn made from bamboo fibre is available in a variety of thicknesses, each of which is suitable for manufacturing into various types of bamboo clothing and textiles, the thinnest of which have been shown though technological analysis to be matched only by the viscose, a fibre produced by chemical processing. The result? A product that''s softer than cotton and as soft as cashmere. A product that is highly durable, has high vapour transmission properties, has thermal qualities and is anti-bacterial, has superb drapery and can be easily dyed to acquire splendid colours. A product that can then become comfortable bamboo clothing. http://www.bamboo-wear.co.uk/article.asp?uname=made
post #26 of 26
Cool writeup, thanks!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Bamboo sport coats