• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My bespoke shoes from Spigola (Koji Suzuki)

Bic Pentameter

Reaction score
In 2005, I was able to have my name placed on the waiting list for a pair of bespoke shoes made by Spigola, the shoemaking operation headed by Mr. Koji Suzuki. It was with great excitement that I went to my appointment in June 2006. Mr. Suzuki was a very friendly and humble young man in his early thirties. A year before, I had a pair of plain bespoke black cap toe shoes made by another maker, and I was eager to see how Mr. Suzuki tackled the job.

Mr. Suzuki took numerous measurements of my feet, and examined the well-worn pair of C&J Savilles that I wore to our meeting. He traced an outline of my feet and made detailed notes about them on a sheet of paper. He also drew a sketch of the type of shoe that I wanted - a simple punched captoe in brown. I spent over an hour with him, talking about the type of shoe I wanted. He listened intently, and raised questions about several details that I had not considered. I poured over his books of leather samples. One called "spearmint" caught my eye, but I decided to save an order for a monk strap in spearmint for next time. I settled on the mid-dark brown seen in the photos.

Nine months later, I was back to see Mr. Suzuki to have a trial shoe fitting. I walked, squatted, walked up and down stairs, stepped outside into the street, puttting the trial shoe through its paces. I have a banana shaped foot, and the pinky toe on my right foot gives me fitting troubles in most ready to wear shoes. Although the trial shoe fit relatively well overall, they did rub the outside of my foot in the pinky toe area. Mr. Suzuki had me remove the right shoe, cut a hole in the side with a razor, then had me try it on again to measure how much my foot protruded from the shoe. He made several notations, and went back to to his workshop to adjust my last.

I picked my shoes up in late 2007, but due to several household moves, have only now been able to post pictures. I will let them speak for themselves.

Bic

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Those are just superb...what a great looking shoe.

Congrats.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Classic, elegant and just plain gorgeous. What more could you possibly want?
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great shoes. The thing I like most about Suzuki's shoes is the curvature of the vamp stitching as it goes past the throat.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
great shoes! something about a simple cap toe like this when it is done well it looks great!

Trojanman74

Reaction score
just imagine if something wouldve happened to your feet in those two years.

but +1 worth the wait for a beautiful classic

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do have to say the only thing that would have disappointed me are the look of the shoe trees.....:p

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads