• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mad Men Casting Call Finalists - I Call Shenanigans

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Semifinalists.

Binge, ******, PandArts, we got hosed.

WTF is this nonsense? The surfer douche in the white tux? The a-hole in the black t-shirt, really?

Shenanigans, AMC. Shenanigans.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What a crock! The women all seem pretty good but wtf is up with CK ads and prom pics making the cut!!!!??? Now I know I didn't deserve to be up there either but You and Binge should have been without a doubt! Well, chalk it up to a flawed voting system and pray that Mr. Weiner makes the right choice (from the women)! Oh well, it was fun though!

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear guys. Don't put too much in the "voting system." More than likely the producers had a direct say in who "won" the votes.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Maybe you guys would have had a better chance if you dressed more nicely...
peepwall[1].gif

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
The Semifinalists.

Binge, ******, PandArts, we got hosed.

WTF is this nonsense? The surfer douche in the white tux? The a-hole in the black t-shirt, really?

Shenanigans, AMC. Shenanigans.

what non sense? since when did the above mentioned dressed anywhere close to mad men-isque style or being very attractive for a population contest?

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha ha ha I know one of the girls! Awesome!

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Utterly bizarre.

Given the options, I sure hope the ****** wins it all.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vitaminc
what non sense? since when did the above mentioned dressed anywhere close to mad men-isque style or being very attractive for a population contest?
mm-cc2.jpg
Binge nailed it.
3843850170_8e990be5d3.jpg
And tooting my own horn - really, not Mad Men-esque? Well, minus the backyard...
smile.gif
I'll chalk it up to the voting process. I am certain there was a lot of bots and DDoS in the contest.
Originally Posted by binge
Utterly bizarre. Given the options, I sure hope the ****** wins it all.
Seconded!

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
facepalm.gif
The women are quite good but most of the men are awful. 'Morgan Barclay' is wearing probably the blandest outfit that is physically possible (and is that a black suit?!)
Originally Posted by vitaminc
And since when are any of those finalists dressed mad-men-esque either?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Georgia in the house w00t w00t!

Although I really don't get Billy Reeves... he looks like every other old fat balding guy in Alpharetta who dresses in whatever you would call today's fashion for that set.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by binge
Utterly bizarre.

Given the options, I sure hope the ****** wins it all.

+1 and that would cover all bases!

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
mm-cc2.jpg

Binge nailed it.

3843850170_8e990be5d3.jpg

And tooting my own horn - really, not Mad Men-esque? Well, minus the backyard...
smile.gif

I'll chalk it up to the voting process. I am certain there was a lot of bots and DDoS in the contest.

Binge looks great but has a really wide tie and lapel width to be called madmen style.

yours is great tho!

not sure about the guys since they all look pretty bad, but the ladies are owning it up in that contest!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads