• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A-Man Suit Fit Pics

lichmd

Reaction score
Posting a couple of fit pics from my first A-Man suit.
Suit is my A Man glenplaid 9oz, I requested 2 button, double vent, fully lined, surgeon's cuffs, pick stitched jacket. The pants are flat front, uncuffed, beltless with side buckles.
I wore this to a meeting the other day and received some very nice compliments.
I've noticed a couple of details while reviewing these pics, but I'll reserve them for discussion after you all get a chance to review.

Shirt is from Carl, tie from Sam Hober, shoes are from Mayer HK.
Cheers,
J

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
arms need to be more tapered

upper arms look funny from the behind photo

also, you need higher armholes - did you ask for them???

higher armholes matter a lot to the overall fit and balance of any suit

MLIW

Reaction score
Yes thats the first thing I noticed, I would go for the option of having them shortened by perhaps half an inch as well or maybe an Inch!

lichmd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
suit looks good . but those pants arent flat front, they have a pleat looks like.

If you're talking about the side pic looking at the buckle, what looks like a pleat is actually the pocket.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Overall, this is pretty good. The front quarters are too closed too my taste, but it is a static shot and might look very good in motion (I think closed quarters actually look better in motion than an open front).
I don't like the shoulder line - something seems to be off as the extension is not consistent. Also, the sleeves are not set properly for how you hold yourself in the picture. Either they or your pose is off.
The overall shaping in the back is very good; some messiness shows but it isn't that much and may only be a result of the still pose. Based on this, you should definitely stick with them and see if yoy can do a bit better. The only think you should really fix on this is the shoulder line, and the sleeve pitch if it is really off.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads