• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
https://www.uniqlo.com/jp/ja/conten...gs/lookbookMen/lookbook-18.webp?1695013130181

Bought everything from this look. Fleece suit is very nice! Fleece itself is very coarse(?) in a way and wool like. Definately can wear trousers and jacket as separates like one would wear wool pants. Fleece jacket is oversized, so if you dont want oversized look then size down one size. Trousers are TTS.

Turtleneck sweat is really nice. Purple color is very muted and classy. Fabric is thick. Very nice piece.

I also bought U parachute pants but I guess they are from last season? I sized up for oversized fit and it works nicely. Fabric is very thin though. These are definately more summery piece.
I like the colour and the fabric of the fleece pants.

But since it is CAD $70 for a pair of elastic waisted pant, I find it hard to pay that much for a pair of 'sweat pants.'

As for the fleece shirt, I find it too hot indoor and not enough warmth outdoor in Canadian climate.

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to the NYC Soho location yesterday, all wool sweaters in large were gone, all jeans/chinos in 34 were gone. SA said no restocks. I liked the brushed cotton pants but the fleece ones had bad shape. Parachute pants looked and felt cheap. Chinos and jeans looked fine sized down one. Mock necks, turtlenecks, tees all felt and looked good. Didn't try on outerwear. Definitely one of the best seasons.
PXL_20231007_204345050~2.jpg

PXL_20231007_204956146~2.jpg

loopdeloop

Reaction score
Perhaps naive of me but I had hoped the puffer was going to be down. Polyester filled puffers have always felt a bit incongruous to be - all that volume but very little warmth. Has anyone tried it?

Also, I have no idea about production and stock management of a large company like Uniqlo, but it seems mad some items sold out literally within a couple of hours. That lambswool knit was gone in every colour and size by around 11:30 in the morning here in the UK. The olive poplin shirt was the same. I'm not sure i've seen a single restock of the former.

Has anyone tried the fleece jersey trousers? Thinking about sizing up and getting them in the grey, but i've heard a few people say the lining is poor. Also thinking about the women's denim shirt jacket in black - anyone seen it IRL?

Overall I think the collection is fine, but my expectation have reduced over the years to the point i'm happy if there are two or three things I like.

cafedandy2

Reaction score
Perhaps naive of me but I had hoped the puffer was going to be down. Polyester filled puffers have always felt a bit incongruous to be - all that volume but very little warmth. Has anyone tried it?

Also, I have no idea about production and stock management of a large company like Uniqlo, but it seems mad some items sold out literally within a couple of hours. That lambswool knit was gone in every colour and size by around 11:30 in the morning here in the UK. The olive poplin shirt was the same. I'm not sure i've seen a single restock of the former.

Has anyone tried the fleece jersey trousers? Thinking about sizing up and getting them in the grey, but i've heard a few people say the lining is poor. Also thinking about the women's denim shirt jacket in black - anyone seen it IRL?

Overall I think the collection is fine, but my expectation have reduced over the years to the point i'm happy if there are two or three things I like.
The Olive poplin shirt also got sold out in Japan, too. I wonder why that specific color is so popular, but I do understand the versatility of this certain shade.

The lambswool knit is a good value piece, probably one of the best substantial knits U has released.

The fleece jersey trousers are ok, it's a poly blend so there's that synthetic feeling, but it's soft when worn it so it's alright. Sizing up may be a better choice.

Women's denim shirt is pretty good, solid soft cotton drill fabric, a bit compact but not too thick. This I recommend if it fits you based on the size chart.

Another item I also recommend would be the W's Draped shirts, you can take your usual men's size with them and still be very relaxed, and the only one with shell buttons.

The bags are also pretty good, I like the backpack a lot which I used for a weekend trip, water-repellant and many useful pockets. Same for the mini-messenger, too.

I also only aimed for a few pieces this season even if the collection's pretty solid - best to get only what you truly want/need.

taduuu

Reaction score
Totally agree. Offtopic but I have a very "puffy" Carhartt parka which has polyester filling and that jacket is totally worthless when temperatures drop below freezing. i only use it when doing yard work and moving snow away from my driveway. I also have Uniqlo ultra warm down parka from 6-7 seasons back and that thing is soooo warm it keeps me warm even at -25 celsius. I hope I get several seasons from it because new versions dont look as puffy and they are "hybrid down".

Has anyone tried the fleece jersey trousers? Thinking about sizing up and getting them in the grey, but i've heard a few people say the lining is poor.
I have them. Lining is plastic and feels weird when taking pants off, it kinda sticks to my feet there. It also does feel kinda cheap. Hard to explain. I have not yet used them on office because I have beem working remote. Not sure if they are too warm to wear indoors. I have them on brown and they actually look very nice in my opinion. Very wool like appearance. I sized TTS but sizing up a size could work but beware, there are no belt loops.

Bought White Mountaineering fleece hoodie and down coat. Fleece hoodie is a very good piece. Fit is perfect and its very soft. Probably after few washes its not that soft, but I probably only wash it once a year after winter anyways. Down coat is very thin. Not much down there. Stylewise its a great fit and looks nice, but its more of a layering piece and not outer layer except for very mild autumn weather. its not as shiny as Uniqlo down jackets usually are which I like. Olive color is great for both.

I also bought Uniqlo Utility Work trousers because I wanted regular fit olive trousers but these are not that good. Feels h&m quality. Very flimsy. Pictures make them look much better than what they are. Will keep them because sending them back would cost more than the trousers, but I dont recommend.

Last edited:

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve got the J+ hybrid parka from a few years back, it supposedly is down filled but I reckon it must have 4 feathers in total through the whole jacket.

loopdeloop

Reaction score
The Olive poplin shirt also got sold out in Japan, too. I wonder why that specific color is so popular, but I do understand the versatility of this certain shade.

The lambswool knit is a good value piece, probably one of the best substantial knits U has released.

The fleece jersey trousers are ok, it's a poly blend so there's that synthetic feeling, but it's soft when worn it so it's alright. Sizing up may be a better choice.

Women's denim shirt is pretty good, solid soft cotton drill fabric, a bit compact but not too thick. This I recommend if it fits you based on the size chart.

Another item I also recommend would be the W's Draped shirts, you can take your usual men's size with them and still be very relaxed, and the only one with shell buttons.

The bags are also pretty good, I like the backpack a lot which I used for a weekend trip, water-repellant and many useful pockets. Same for the mini-messenger, too.

I also only aimed for a few pieces this season even if the collection's pretty solid - best to get only what you truly want/need.

I have them. Lining is plastic and feels weird when taking pants off, it kinda sticks to my feet there. It also does feel kinda cheap. Hard to explain. I have not yet used them on office because I have beem working remote. Not sure if they are too warm to wear indoors. I have them on brown and they actually look very nice in my opinion. Very wool like appearance. I sized TTS but sizing up a size could work but beware, there are no belt loops.

Bought White Mountaineering fleece hoodie and down coat. Fleece hoodie is a very good piece. Fit is perfect and its very soft. Probably after few washes its not that soft, but I probably only wash it once a year after winter anyways. Down coat is very thin. Not much down there. Stylewise its a great fit and looks nice, but its more of a layering piece and not outer layer except for very mild autumn weather. its not as shiny as Uniqlo down jackets usually are which I like. Olive color is great for both.

I also bought Uniqlo Utility Work trousers because I wanted regular fit olive trousers but these are not that good. Feels h&m quality. Very flimsy. Pictures make them look much better than what they are. Will keep them because sending them back would cost more than the trousers, but I dont recommend.

I was thinking perhaps the olive poplin shirt has been particularly popular simply because it's olive? I dunno. Often U colours have been mostly browns and neutrals so it is a little different (although even this olive is pretty 'muddy'). Also looks like it's the only shirt without a button-down collar.

I've only seen the lambswool knit come back in stock in a black XS and it was gone pretty quickly. Crazy. I'd imagine people who might normally return theirs due to wrong colour and/or size are seeing no restocks, so know they probably won't get a replacement and are just keeping instead.

I like the look and colour of the drawstring bag in green, but i've had a bad experience with a drawstring closure so decided to stay away...

I ended up not getting the fleece jersey trousers as they were out of stock (they're now back in). I instead got the men's wide fit chinos and thought i'd try the women's straight leg jean. Both are disappointing. The colour of the chino is nice, but the fit, materials and finishing aren't great. The straight leg jeans are the same. Pretty grim. I also got the brushed jersey mock neck in blue. I thought this looked nice on the website but, again, disappointing in person. The blue is more a dark grey and it feels very cheap / synthetic. It says it's brushed on the inside... it really isn't. The fit is nice though.

I've not bought much Uniqlo over the past 18 months (i've been lucky in the sales of more premium brands), but it really feels like the quality has plummeted even for the U line. Maybe i've just been unlucky. It does make me question the EG collab though. The lookbook pictures look great, especially the long padded coat, but i'm worried about what i'd find when actually handling it. I'm guessing it will sell pretty quickly regardless.

apolloali

Reaction score

Surprise EG collaboration!

Utility jacket and fishtail coat both look great. Shame they are also polyester filled so no warmth, but both probably have plenty of space for layering. I like them both… damn.

So "Heattech" jackets arent warm? I've never bought any actual jackets from Uniqlo but I figured it could actually work as a winter coat? I tried them on and they seemed decently warm.

taduuu

Reaction score
So "Heattech" jackets arent warm? I've never bought any actual jackets from Uniqlo but I figured it could actually work as a winter coat? I tried them on and they seemed decently warm.
I live in Finland where it gets really cold, so my warm and cold may differ from most people. :)

No experience on these kind of jackets from Uniqlo. Down jackets from there are reasonably warm. Probably warmer than these heattech ones.

loopdeloop

Reaction score
My experience with Uniqlo heattech is that it's very useful as a base layer against skin when the temperature drops, but I also find I can overheat in it quite quickly, even with the very lightweight tops. So while it's good at heat retention, i'm less convinced it's good at heat regulation, especially compared to a material like down.

I still use my down puffer from an early U collection and remain impressed at how comfortably neutral I feel when wearing it. My worry with the EG jackets is that they might be bad at 'managing' any overheating, so may not be great to wear with layers underneath. The alternative is that because the heattech is not against the skin, the warm properties render themselves useless.

I still might try the long coat though...

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was gonna ask how warm the new EG coats are. Might check it out at our local store tomorrow and see

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
I bought the EG collab padded jacket. I like it a lot, quite warm (sufficient for where I live), good fit, nice detailing. I posted a fit here

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elexzar