• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Co-Worker Complaint Thread

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We've had co-worker/boss threads before, but none for everyone to use. Let's start one.

One of our VPs has a virus, one of those ones that tries to sell you AV software. Our Marketing Coordinator and training guy are trying to help her by scanning with Norton and AVG. I told all three that that wouldn't help, and that they should Google the ads for the BS AV software for a specific removal tool. They ignored this for a few hours and tried to delete the virus files manually. Anyone who's removed a virus since 1995 knows this won't work. I finally got the name from them, Googled it, and the first result was a freeware removal tool. They're still not listening to me. I refuse to involve myself any further as I wish to avoid being called upon to help people in the future who are too dumb to take simple instructions.

Also, the Marketing Coordinator (who is 24) didn't know what the term "4-20" meant.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
... How did this come up?

At 4:20 p.m. this afternoon:

Her: "Oh it's 4:20 already!"
Me: "Time for a smoke."
Her: "What?"
Me: "Never mind."

I don't smoke green, for the record.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't want to be too specific, as the place I work has some local visibility, so I'm going to try to leave out certain specifics. My boss is gloriously good at screwing up things that should be incredibly simple.

Just some of the more recent:

My boss didn't consult me when he sent my business cards to print. This resulted in a few screw ups:
- One, my name on my card is not the same as the one I use everywhere else. I use my middle initial on pretty much everything, but my boss left it off.
- Two, he put my home phone number on my card instead of my cell phone. He also didn't ask if I wanted my cell phone on my card in the first place, which would have been nice given it's my personal cell (we don't get company cell phones). I'll also be moving soon, and I'll be changing my home number, so it won't work anymore anyway.
- Three, when I brought up the phone issue with him he told me to remind him when I move so he can fix my cards when my number changes. So I'm stuck with b-cards with a number that is a) my home phone and b) not going to work soon. This should make networking a breeze.
- Four, the cards are completely inappropriate for our organization. They're double-sided and printed on glossy paper. Between the wrong number and the terrible cards I'm embarrassed to use them. I've got 3000 of them, and not one has left the box yet.

We recently held a major event for the organization. We invited all of our leads, local politicians, and local media using pre-printed envelopes. The problem is, he didn't proof the envelopes before having them printed, and our name came back misspelled. I'm not talking about some weird, hard-to-spell name that no one would notice, either. He misspelled a word that is very pedestrian and noticeable. It would be like misspelling "Foundation" in the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. Unfortunately, he slacked on printing everything, so we didn't have time to re-print. Instead, we sent out 400 misprinted envelopes. Oh, and we ran out because he didn't count correctly. Given we didn't have time to order more, a significant number of invitees got invitations that were photocopied onto company letterhead.

I could keep going, but these are the two that came to mind first. I'm also wary of saying too much, as I don't want to inadvertently give up details that could ID me/the business.

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
Also, the Marketing Coordinator (who is 24) didn't know what the term "4-20" meant.

What does "4-20" mean?
confused.gif

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
my project manager was on the verge of tears today cause i ate all her twix while she was on vacation.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
...and i replaced them with almond joys which i like and she doesn;t.

also, me and my partner pay for everything. milk, coffee, lunch once a week, drinks once a week. think anyone would grab some ******* milk when they use the last? no.

eMacPaul

Reaction score
My co-workers right now are all pretty cool, but I had an internship a few years ago where the guy in the cube across from me sucked jolly rancher hard candies all day... very loudly... I enjoyed my work there, but I was glad not to have to sit across from him anymore when I left!

forsbergacct2000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
We've had co-worker/boss threads before, but none for everyone to use. Let's start one.

One of our VPs has a virus, one of those ones that tries to sell you AV software. Our Marketing Coordinator and training guy are trying to help her by scanning with Norton and AVG. I told all three that that wouldn't help, and that they should Google the ads for the BS AV software for a specific removal tool. They ignored this for a few hours and tried to delete the virus files manually. Anyone who's removed a virus since 1995 knows this won't work. I finally got the name from them, Googled it, and the first result was a freeware removal tool. They're still not listening to me. I refuse to involve myself any further as I wish to avoid being called upon to help people in the future who are too dumb to take simple instructions.

I'm glad you don't work in my department. You would probably not be there long.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Milhouse
And how does one get such a virus on a company computer?

She's a re-TARD.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
proflex