• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jeans for Guys With Big Legs

CelebrateLife

Reaction score
So I lift weights and regularly deadlift and squat... both exercises which add on a good amount of size to my legs.

Here's the thing: whenever I try to buy jeans that fit me, usually two things occur:
1. the waist size is just right but the pant legs are too tight
2. the pant legs fit but the waist (and the buttocks area) is too loose)

What's a man to do?

Kurt

Wally

Reaction score
Take a look at Sugar Cane 1947's, rag and bone Rb6 and most Blue Blood. What size are you? I have some 34's in Canes and BB I am about to post for sale. Also might help to post your waist and thigh measurements.

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for jeans that also will be narrow enough in the calve area to stack?
I have a 32 natural waist, 22 inch thighs (yeah squats and rugby), 14 inch calves. So usually what happens is the jeans fit in the waist, are a little tight in the thighs but stretch out, but the calve area is consistently bigger and I find myself having to taper jeans, etc., to get that stacked look.
Any models out there that will do this for me?
(Don't mean to hijack, but it seems we have a similar issue)

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by redgrail
Any recommendations for jeans that also will be narrow enough in the calve area to stack?
I have a 32 natural waist, 22 inch thighs (yeah squats and rugby), 14 inch calves. So usually what happens is the jeans fit in the waist, are a little tight in the thighs but stretch out, but the calve area is consistently bigger and I find myself having to taper jeans, etc., to get that stacked look.
Any models out there that will do this for me?
(Don't mean to hijack, but it seems we have a similar issue)

Lee Gold 101z? lefty and eason both to like it; they size down quite a bit though IIRC.

There's a sale going on right now.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I've got the same problem - I love Japanese jeans but often find the thighs way too tight.

I find that Nudie Jeans fit me the best. I wear both the Regular Ralf and Straight Sven true to waist size, and there's plenty of room without them looking too baggy.

I also bought a pair of the Nudie Average Joes' which taper down to a small cuff opening. In theory this fit would be perfect (roomy in the thighs + stacking), but I find that the thighs are cut slimmer than I expected.

jamoo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
I've got the same problem - I love Japanese jeans but often find the thighs way too tight.

I find that Nudie Jeans fit me the best. I wear both the Regular Ralf and Straight Sven true to waist size, and there's plenty of room without them looking too baggy.

I also bought a pair of the Nudie Average Joes' which taper down to a small cuff opening. In theory this fit would be perfect (roomy in the thighs + stacking), but I find that the thighs are cut slimmer than I expected.

Second on the Straight Svens.

Philosoph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This question seems to come up fairly often, but I haven't noticed much consensus.

There seems to be an exceptionally small number of people here looking for jeans like this, but suggestions would be appreciated: high rise, tight waist, relaxed seat and thigh, slightly tapered leg.

The Sugarcane 1966s that someone suggested above seem like they might be like this... anyone else?

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe give raw APCs a shot? Considering that their denim stretches quite a bit, you can get something that's tight in the thighs and over a couple of uses they'll stretch out in the thigh to just a right fit. Also, if you shrink to fit raw jeans, you can put them on while their still damp to stretch out the thigh and allow the rest of the jean to shrink. Both of the above are hypothetical, but the logic seems right, right?

the etruscan

Reaction score
For loose fitting jeans that will get around your thighs, in addition to the ones mentioned already, the Oni Red cut, Samurai 7000VX/3000VX, and especially S0310XX will all have room to spare. The PBJ XX-003 and XX-006 will have a little less but still should be roomy. For large thighs and narrow calves, the SExIH03 cyclist jean is about all I've seen.

However, tapering is not too difficult or expensive, so buying any jeans that fit your thighs will let you get jeans that fit your calves.

Philosoph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Thanks for the suggestions. And good point about tapering.

I actually tried stf... but with Levis, not APC. Now the waist fits great, but they're almost skin-tight everywhere else.

smw356

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Philosoph
This question seems to come up fairly often, but I haven't noticed much consensus.

There seems to be an exceptionally small number of people here looking for jeans like this, but suggestions would be appreciated: high rise, tight waist, relaxed seat and thigh, slightly tapered leg.

The Sugarcane 1966s that someone suggested above seem like they might be like this... anyone else?

with the exception of high rise, NS's actually work for this if you only size down 1 or not at all.

greg_atlanta

Reaction score
Originally Posted by redgrail
Try Levi's Skinny 511, it's one of the few I've found which does not have a flare at the bottom. (Many jeans call themselves "straight leg" but still have a noticeable kick). The denim isn't that great, but it's a good cut for american-sized men. Macy's should have them, about $50 (or $35 on sale). You may have to go up one waist size for the thighs to fit.

Sylvr

Reaction score
im really liking my gap morrison's fit, but the denim quality is lacking. doesnt nearly compare to the good stuff, but its available at a low price (~$20 when on sale) with a great fit for me. skip the distressed versions and pick up the resin coated or premium darks.

sz 32 waist & 36 length gap morrison (flat, so double for circumference)
waist: 17 in
inseam: 37 in
thigh 12.5 in
knee: 9 in
leg opening: 8.25 in
front rise: 11 in
rear rise: 14.5 in

of course expect it to stretch where your natural measurements exceed the pant. unfortunately that is the smallest size for that much length, but you could size down further if you dont mind giving up a few inches of stacking. great beater jeans that you dont have to worry about messing up.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
Lee Gold 101z? lefty and eason both to like it; they size down quite a bit though IIRC.

There's a sale going on right now.

I just picked up another pair from the sale (thanks to AC for the link), but I'm not sure these are what the OP is after with their low rise and somewhat slender leg.

lefty

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads