• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question For Those That Are Married

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hchamp
Judging from my friends, I'd say it happens when they become parents. Clothes follow lifestyle. Tom Cruise is a good example. He only wears jeans, now, when he goes out on the town (with what's her name, of course). But when he's with his little clone, he's a chinos guy.

You bring up a good point - that clothes virtually need to be casual and probably easily replaceable when dealing much with young children. Also, of course with children there often is less money available for style.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife is an absolute workout fanatic. She is amazingly fit and youthful--looks like she could be in her mid 40s. I'm sure if I met her for the first time I would find her extremely attractive and appealing.

However, I have almost no interest in sex with her anymore.

Several reasons:

Male sexuality thrives on novelty and conquest. When you have "done the do" with a woman hundreds of time, a sort of sense of "been there, done that" sets in, no matter how objectively attractive she may be.

Moreover, her good looks nothwithstanding, she is something of an old poop! She is always upset about something or too tired or whatever. I think this is pretty typical of the entire female sex. They are inherently foul-tempered and have no sense of humor.

Mostly, though--and by far the major single factor--is simply that I have gotten too damn old! These days I don't think I could rouse much enthusiasm even at the prospect of being double-teamed by, say, Paris Hilton and Jessica Simpson!

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
You are such a tool. It is shocking to me that anybody responds seriously to your posts.

Does anyone?

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
My wife is an absolute workout fanatic. She is amazingly fit and youthful--looks like she could be in her mid 40s. I'm sure if I met her for the first time I would find her extremely attractive and appealing.

However, I have almost no interest in sex with her anymore.

Several reasons:

Male sexuality thrives on novelty and conquest. When you have "done the do" with a woman hundreds of time, a sort of sense of "been there, done that" sets in, no matter how objectively attractive she may be.

Moreover, her good looks nothwithstanding, she is something of an old poop! She is always upset about something or too tired or whatever. I think this is pretty typical of the entire female sex. They are inherently foul-tempered and have no sense of humor.

Mostly, though--and by far the major single factor--is simply that I have gotten too damn old! These days I don't think I could rouse much enthusiasm even at the prospect of being double-teamed by, say, Paris Hilton and Jessica Simpson!

ok, while I have had respect for you in the past, the level of my respect for you to actually write this down has grown immensly, and now borders on unbrideled hero worship.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And you are hurling insults in response to what in particular?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Get your advanced copy of the Memoirs of Jan Libourel. Guns. Dope. Broads. Brutal Honesty. Coming soon.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I agree with your first point to an extent, but I just can't see not getting aroused occasionally, even if not due to her, and then a "when you can't be with the one you want, plug the one you're with" kind of thing setting in.

My wife luckily, does not, to this day, suffer from your second point.

As for your third point, I hope I never get old!!

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No dope to speak of, especially for someone who was young in the '60s and '70s. Plenty of booze, though!

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Get your advanced copy of the Memoirs of Jan Libourel. Guns. Dope. Broads. Brutal Honesty. Coming soon.

You left out the rim jobs...

Back to the OP's question:

12 years on, I still can't get enough of my wife.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That is comprehended in the category "Broads."

Or so one hopes.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
True, but I should have added Oxford. Gives it a highbrow twist. Also fleeing the Japanese onslaught.

I'm shocked at the no dope thing. It's going to depress sales by at least 10%. You should just make something up.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
True, but I should have added Oxford. Gives it a highbrow twist. Also fleeing the Japanese onslaught.

I'm shocked at the no dope thing. It's going to depress sales by at least 10%. You should just make something up.

Manton, are you offering your service as a ghost writer?

Jon.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

don't forget the mythical shoes.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member