• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CJ sizing

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CJ size 10.5E (341 last) equals to a US 11D or 11.5D?

Thanks,

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My experience with C&J is that in the non-elongated lasts, like the 341, a 10.5 E is approximately a US 11.25. So slightly loose on for a 11, and slightly snug for an 11.5. It just depends on how you like your shoes to fit.

atroopan

Reaction score
So what would be the best way to size a pair of C&J Drummonds short of actually trying them on in person. i have lost confidence in my ability to size shoes ever since I learned I take a 7.5F in RM Williams, an 8 in Mephisto, and a 9-9.5 in more or less any training shoes or other American mall shoe if you know what I mean.

sizing clueless,
troop

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by atroopan
So what would be the best way to size a pair of C&J Drummonds short of actually trying them on in person. i have lost confidence in my ability to size shoes ever since I learned I take a 7.5F in RM Williams, an 8 in Mephisto, and a 9-9.5 in more or less any training shoes or other American mall shoe if you know what I mean.

sizing clueless,
troop

I wear 9.5 D in most American shoe brands, and my Drummonds are size 8.5E UK. I might be able to wear a size 8E, as the 8.5 E is slightly loose in the heel. If you're between 9 and 9.5, I'd go with an 8E in the Drummond.

Neo1824

Reaction score
I'm a 9.5 in US shoes as well. After trying several different pairs of C&Js in 8 and 8.5, I've decided that the 8 fits the best. My heel slips in the 8.5s as well.

atroopan

Reaction score
Okay - I had the opportunity to try on some A-E Park Avenues. My feet are strange in that my left foot is bigger than my right foot (FREAK !!!).

In Park Avenues, I take a 8.5D on my left foot and an 8D on my right foot. The 8.5D either way will fit fine on both, while the 8D is a little tight NOT snug on the left foot. Second - the Park Avenue has quite a medium arch to it to accomadate my feet whereas some of the lower arch shoes are a little on the tighter side.

So in the Crockett and Jones last 348 shoes then I assume I will be a 7.5F no since I go one down from US size and D=F.

Either the Drummond or the Hallam I mean. Also about the leather used - is it softer stretchy leather or is it rigid.

Please advise as I'm in need of some black dress shoes bad.

thanks,

troop

Countertenor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by atroopan
Okay - I had the opportunity to try on some A-E Park Avenues. My feet are strange in that my left foot is bigger than my right foot (FREAK !!!).
HA! You freakin' freak! That's kinda like me. But I even have a width discrepancy. My left foot measures to a 9B, and my right foot measures to a 8.5C. That's right: the shorter foot is also wider. That, along with narrow heels, a high arch, long, narrow toes, and a toe-width's worth of space between my big toe and the next one means that I am the freak. It also means that I have to try on a half dozen sizes of the same shoe just to find the best fit.
confused.gif

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thats not too bad. who was the guy here whos foot was 1.5 sizes different? that must be tough.

Mine are about 1/2 size different, maybe slightly less. I just fit the larger foot.

atroopan

Reaction score
Just want an answer from those in the know then before I order from PLAL.

I am a size 8.5D in Allen Edmonds Park Avenue. Should i order the 7.5F size in the last 348 shoes Hallam or Drummond?

many thanks,

troop

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is the Drummond even available in an F? I know the Hallam is, but I thought the Drummond was _not_.

And I thought an English E=American D, no? (Which would make my first point moot...)

Personally, I would order an 8D on the 348. It's an elongated last, but it gets narrow in the toes quite quickly.

Sartorially Challenged

Reaction score
And how do C&J Polo shoes compare to C&J English sizes?

If I fit well with Polo Bentons size 9 D (US), will I similarly fit well with C&J Belgrave 8 E (UK)?

atroopan

Reaction score
Oops - my mistake - I was under the impression I should order a narrow fit for Crockett & Jones similar to ordering a narrower size for RMW. I dunno what made me think that.

So you're saying an 8.5D in Park Avenues is most closest to a British 8E then eh? Hmm this clears things up a lot - I was wondering why there weren't many 'average' sizes in the British models. This is similar to my French mephistos then in that I am an 8 in their model Abel too - although it is a clunky, but comfortable shoe.

Okay gonna go with the 8E in the Hallam in Black.

thanks for the help,

troop

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good luck, troop. Let us know how they fit when they arrive.

Sartorially Challenged

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sartorially Challenged
And how do C&J Polo shoes compare to C&J English sizes?

If I fit well with Polo Bentons size 9 D (US), will I similarly fit well with C&J Belgrave 8 E (UK)?

Anyone?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads