• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

True Blood

delakingois

Reaction score
Odds on Sam killing his own brother, thus gaining the ability to shift into people?

tomgirl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
Arguably so - the cancellation of Rome came just at the right time.

Aren't there several Sookie Stackhouse books out there from which they can draw plots?

Yea, and the books are even more insane/all over the place than the TV show.

velobran

Reaction score
Originally Posted by delakingois
Odds on Sam killing his own brother, thus gaining the ability to shift into people?
I thought about that too, but I think that is a loose end they tying up (the bad relationship) - thus eliminating that need for another storyline and just focus on Sam and his shifters. But as we know, Sam isn't exactly a saint and usually just looks out for his own good (and Sookie).
The 2nd show overall was meh. Interesting how Bill took the title of King and the league of vampire lady also has suspicions about Sookie. Tara came back with her damn quivering lip. She needs to get back to NO and start munching carpet again. I don't know if I like the idea of some hack witches (and bitches) being able to control vampires - unless that lady is some serious witch talent and just acts like an amateur with the group. Now Jason's going to be a panther-werewolf or whatever?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomgirl
You're insane! Forget the wrists, look how BIG Stiller's head is. He's like a man-baby, or something. It's like, 1/3 of his body. Next thing you know, you'll be saying Eric has pointy knees.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by guest
was eric really meekus? don't remember. he looked cool with long hair. also in that movie bout russian roulette i think it was 13 or something.

he's not a swimmer though. he runs. and he runs like this.

skarsgard07.jpg

Tomgirl, this is your guy? Like I said, painfully thin.

Don't worry though, I'm sure he's working on getting buff. In fact, I can see a difference from S1E1 through today. He'll need to get buff enough to flex with no shirt on if he's going to make the big breakout which I'm sure he and his people are planning on.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by velobran
I thought about that too, but I think that is a loose end they tying up (the bad relationship) - thus eliminating that need for another storyline and just focus on Sam and his shifters. But as we know, Sam isn't exactly a saint and usually just looks out for his own good (and Sookie).

The 2nd show overall was meh. Interesting how Bill took the title of King and the league of vampire lady also has suspicions about Sookie. Tara came back with her damn quivering lip. She needs to get back to NO and start munching carpet again. I don't know if I like the idea of some hack witches (and bitches) being able to control vampires - unless that lady is some serious witch talent and just acts like an amateur with the group. Now Jason's going to be a panther-werewolf or whatever?

spoiler that ****, jerky

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I gotta say I'm fine with the show spiraling out of control. The tighter, more controlled plot of season 1 was certainly better from a critical standpoint but the show has always been campy as hell. The crazy ass fairies were kinda cool and why not witches? And for some reason Crystal's white trash ass is really hot to me, so I support more panther action.

I think that one reason the witches were suddenly so powerful was Lafeyete was there and because the head witch was channeling some really old and powerful witch from days gone by. I think it sets up Lafeyete for a role as a player rather than a victim. I don't understand why Eric didn't just rip the bitches throat out though.

Oh, and TG has the truth of it, Eric is hot as hell.

velobran

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
spoiler that ****, jerky

I would now, but you just quoted it all.

I don't visit a thread if I don't want to know current events of show .... I'll edit my post though.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd agree, but not with spoiling an episode that hasn't aired yet. I'm waiting to watch it on my giant TV on Sunday.

vaalbara

Reaction score
spent the last week on a TB marathon and watched all of seasons 1-3, and the first 2 episodes of season 4.

why the **** am i still watching this?

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look to the post above yours for the answer.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
Arguably so - the cancellation of Rome came just at the right time.

Incorrect. Rome was supposed to go on for 5 seasons, with well thought-out and spaced shows; at least thats what the creator planned. Instead HBO wanted more sex scenes, less history and told him at the end of filming the first season that they would not renew the show for a third season, so he he had to cram a lot of history into one season, making season 2 a diaster.

NowhereOutThere

Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Incorrect. Rome was supposed to go on for 5 seasons, with well thought-out and spaced shows; at least thats what the creator planned. Instead HBO wanted more sex scenes, less history and told him at the end of filming the first season that they would not renew the show for a third season, so he he had to cram a lot of history into one season, making season 2 a diaster.

I actually started watching and finished Rome within a couple of weeks. Season One was outstanding, and some of the best television I have ever seen. Season Two started good but descended into awful at the end, so at least I know why that happened.
frown.gif
I wouldn't have minded watching another season (or three) of Rome.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahhh, I knew I recognized her from somewhere.

denning

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel somewhat lame for asking, but does anyone know what the quilted leather jacket Eric was wearing is?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads