• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sperm shaped like iPhones? EVOs making you dumb?

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
all i see are rat and insect studies maybe i'm not reading correctly
Yeah, but insects have antennas, and so do cell phones, so it's a pretty reliable experimental model.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^lol

never mind. they;re not even papers. just presentations at a conference and i cant find a copy

i tried google scholaring the names but i dont see studies that the article suggests the authors wrote.

why cant journalists quote primary sources. it cannot be that hard.

i hope something like wikileaks takes over media in the future

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know someone that constantly worries over the effects of radiation from using his cell phone. He has a very neurotic personality. I always tell him that the stress he creates for himself from the anxiety of constant worry is going to kill him quicker than any tumor his phone might give him. I'm sure he's not the only example of people like this.

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The damage is well documented, even if not in the study of the link. Electro magnetic fields are at an all time high and wireless is damaging cells and DNA. A lot of it is second hand exposure and there's no way to avoid it. As for cell phones, I rarely use mine. I do the following when it's used:

Never keep it in the same room. Never use it in the car, the interior of the car works as a microwave oven. Always use speaker phone or turn up the volume and hold it 6 inches away. Never kept in pocket.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nosu3
The damage is well documented, even if not in the study of the link. Electro magnetic fields are at an all time high and wireless is damaging cells and DNA. A lot of it is second hand exposure and there's no way to avoid it. As for cell phones, I rarely use mine. I do the following when it's used:

Never keep it in the same room. Never use it in the car, the interior of the car works as a microwave oven. Always use speaker phone or turn up the volume and hold it 6 inches away. Never kept in pocket.

Lol, "Electro magnetic fields are at an all time high." Yeah, better put away that cell phone. Disregard that giant nuclear furnace in the sky, it's nothing to be concerned with.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
he interior of the car works as a microwave oven.

Uh, no. You wouldn't get any reception if the car was actually blocking/containing the signal within the vehicle.

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gibonius
Uh, no. You wouldn't get any reception if the car was actually blocking/containing the signal within the vehicle.

OTOH you shouldnt be texting and driving anyways. I had more to post but this lights about to go green.

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The emissions increase to give out a more powerful signal. Obviously it doesn't contain all of the signal but a larger quantity stays in the vehicle and exposes you to more radiation that is absorbed.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The emissions increase to give out a more powerful signal. Obviously it doesn't contain all of the signal but a larger quantity stays in the vehicle and exposes you to more radiation that is absorbed.

A microwave oven is essentially a Faraday cage, zero microwave radiation escapes (that little chickenwire grid you see on the glass pane is just small enough to block the microwaves). There is nothing equivalent in a car. Some fraction of the signal will be reflected back at you, most will escape or be absorbed by the car. When you consider all the losses and the distance squared factor, the reflected radiation should be a trivial consideration.

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A microwave oven is essentially a Faraday cage, zero microwave radiation escapes (that little chickenwire grid you see on the glass pane is just small enough to block the microwaves). There is nothing equivalent in a car. Some fraction of the signal will be reflected back at you, most will escape or be absorbed by the car. When you consider all the losses and the distance squared factor, the reflected radiation should be a trivial consideration.

The vehicle partially replicates the Faraday cage effect.

imschatz

Reaction score

You sir .. have bigger things to worry about.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads