• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mabitex warning: Do not buy Mabitex.

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
this is one of the big problems when out sourcing over the water.
its the loss of quality control.

TwoFours

Reaction score
I've had 3 pairs. 1 had the seat tear when I sat to tie my shoe on a bench, and 1 had a 3 inch tear on the inner thigh seem. Both were the cotton linen blend.

labravajazz

Reaction score
I've had this happen only once and it was a pair of Incotex and they were not seconds and were heavyish cotton. Had them resown at seat of pants and never a problem again. Maybe instead of saying don,t buy mags it's better to suggest having them looked at when the hems are done and just make sure he stitching is OK - it's not as if many of us are paying a fortune for these and compared to anything else for $50 - $100 they arenerally terrific

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW I have a bunch of Mabitex and never once had a major problem. Just some minor loose threads here and there.

Dar FTW

Reaction score
same thing happened to me on a pair i bought on b&s. i doubt it had anything to do with seller. good thing i wore underwear that day

L boogie

Reaction score
I have been checking out SF for a while now but decided this was worthy of my first post.

I just purchased my fourth pair of the linen/cotton blend Mabitex pants and it happened. Luckily I was home trying them out with some different shoes and inspecting the quality. When I bent over to pick up another shoe it happened.
confused.gif
The entire back center stitching blew out, Just like you guys have mentioned. It's nothing my Tailor can't fix. Plus these pants look perfect on me except for the giant hole.

Thanks for the heads up SF

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you all fat or something? I can't even imagine my pants ripping.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by a tailor
this is one of the big problems when out sourcing over the water.
its the loss of quality control.

Where is Mabitex made?

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SirGrotius
Are you all fat or something? I can't even imagine my pants ripping.

You must have never bought a pair of the cotton/linen Mabitex that everyone is talking about then. I'm 6'4", 185 lbs, not fat at all, and I had one pair rip right up the back just like everyone else. It was a 100% cotton pair that I bought here on the B/S, so I couldn't actually see or feel the fabric until I got them in the mail. I could tell right away the quality was much lower than all the previous Mabitex I bought (I have about 10 pair). I put them on for the first time at home to try them on, bent over once, and that was it.

Has anyone ever had this happen to a wool pair? So far it looks like most of the complaints have been from cotton or cotton/linen pants. Also, it doesn't look like any of these Mabitex threads are hurting sales at all. I just sold 2 wool pairs on B/S in a matter of a couple hours.

I think Mabitex used to be made in Italy, but now most of the newer ones are made in Romania.

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is definitely not a weight issue. I use to be 127 lbs and 5'9" and had 1 rip. That is NO where close to the range of being fat.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
I think Mabitex used to be made in Italy, but now most of the newer ones are made in Romania.

Always Romania. Incotex too

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads