• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I finally boght a pair of white pants, now what

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
High contrast looks in winter (not really applicable with light cotton versions like yours though), bright colors in summer. Bright polos, sport shirts...

pvrhye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DerekS
just because you can doesnt mean you should. The only time a man is ever able to wear flip flops is when the are ON the beach. not near, not close, not on the way to ...but ON THE BEACH.

I agree on the desert boots though. A brown suede with white pants looks great.

When I slouch it up for the summer I go whole hog. My flipflops make their way waaaayyyy off the beach.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Off white are awesome! Just wear a pink or red shirt with a light blue sport coat. Or without a sport coat. Or do a light blue shirt and a gray sport coat. Possibilities are endless. The only problem is that they get dirty very fast. You have to think about where you're going before even considering putting them on.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello Captain Stubing. How are Gofer & Doc?
bluewhite005.jpg

pvrhye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
Off white are awesome! Just wear a pink or red shirt with a light blue sport coat. Or without a sport coat. Or do a light blue shirt and a gray sport coat. Possibilities are endless. The only problem is that they get dirty very fast. You have to think about where you're going before even considering putting them on.

Yup, the moment you put on white pants you're playing an old-school arcade bullet hell game versus mud.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do wait until Memorial Day ... unless you live in the tropics.

DixieTexian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DerekS
just because you can doesnt mean you should. The only time a man is ever able to wear flip flops is when the are ON the beach. not near, not close, not on the way to ...but ON THE BEACH.

Do you wear a vest at all times in public? Because a shirt is really more like underwear. Or it was 150 years ago. But guess what, times change. Change with them or be like the old guy who sits on his porch shooting at kids for stepping on his lawn (they do shoot at them outside of Texas, right?).

To each his own.

tombrokaw

Reaction score
This brings up a good question though, is it then absolutely pointless to sell flip flops in kansas?

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you sit down or lean against anything when you wear those whites? Because if I am to wear a white pair I would be too paranoid about getting them stained.

Septavius

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tombrokaw
This brings up a good question though, is it then absolutely pointless to sell flip flops in kansas?

As someone who used to live there, I can tell you that a lot of people wear them there.

Originally Posted by DixieTexian
Which brings up an even greater question, is it absolutely pointless to live in Kansas?

Mostly yes, unless you're around the Kansas City area.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blahman
Do you sit down or lean against anything when you wear those whites? Because if I am to wear a white pair I would be too paranoid about getting them stained.

Do not ever urinate when drunk...

Could be a sartorial faux-pas...

tombrokaw

Reaction score
I just accept the mortality of white pants the way I accept my own mortality.

All things ephemeral.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads