• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I think I hate San Francisco.

emptym

Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I saw somebody pee down the aisle on muni once.
I told you to look aside.
Originally Posted by FilMoola
So what city do you guys think is better Boston or San Francisco? I have been thinking about moving to one or the other in the near future.
I lived in Boston for six years and I've lived in SF for three. As a previous poster mentioned, their types of weather probably make the biggest difference. I love them both, but I think I like DC the best.

I think it takes a year to really start liking a city.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
I have one truly intelligent friend who lives in SF. He has after 5 years found a way to live, and things to enjoy, but has yet to like it, or even get used to it.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mordecai
I have one truly intelligent friend who lives in SF. He has after 5 years found a way to live, and things to enjoy, but has yet to like it, or even get used to it.
As with anything, it isn't what it used to be ... even San Francisco. But at its worst, San Francisco is superior the great majority of American cities.

As for the SF/NY, SF/LA, SF/Boston & SF/DC debates ... I don't understand. Each offers something so very different and grand in its own right.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Have you any in LA?
devil.gif

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We're so pretty oh so pretty vacant.
How true!
devil.gif

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
Ride BART and take a piss! Free and easy, SF street style.

Lefty, I'd bet dollars to donuts that there are at least 245 incidents of pissing/crapping on the NYC subway each year.

I'd bet there's 10X that figure, minimum.

Originally Posted by thekunk07
lefty go to dottie's true blue for breakfast. that and the victorians make sf worthwhile

drool.gif
I love Dottie's, but don't even bother on a weekend. 2 hour wait, minimum.

Originally Posted by emptym
I told you to look aside.

lol8[1].gif

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
I must have taken thousands of NYC subway rides over the years and have seen some pretty crazy stuff ... but honestly, never any pissing or crapping. You'd probably get the tar beat out of you.

pscolari

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
I must have taken thousands of NYC subway rides over the years and have seen some pretty crazy stuff ... but honestly, never any pissing or crapping. You'd probably get the tar beat out of you.

Lived in NY for a few years after college and the worst thing riding the subway was the "batteries, batteries, 1 dollar" guys. Last time I was in NY, a middle aged guy starts peeing against the door between stops. Did not finish as we rolled into the next stop. Right out the door it went. This was on a Saturday afternoon around 3 pm.

Here in Boston snakes hide out on the red line.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I've probably pissed in the NYC subway at least once. Never on Muni or BART though.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When it comes to pissing on the MUNI, you have to exclude Bay2Breakers....otherwise probably half the city is guilty.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i get on line at dottie's at 5am if there on a weekend

Originally Posted by imatlas
I'd bet there's 10X that figure, minimum.

drool.gif
I love Dottie's, but don't even bother on a weekend. 2 hour wait, minimum.

lol8[1].gif

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
Ride BART and take a piss! Free and easy, SF street style.

Lefty, I'd bet dollars to donuts that there are at least 245 incidents of pissing/crapping on the NYC subway each year.

laugh.gif
A belated thanks to those who offered suggestions.

Initial thoughts from a first time visitor who hasn't read most of the thread:

1. BART trains are disgusting and loud
2. Food was pretty good and pretty expensive
3. The SF homeless are more abundant, vocal, and ambulatory than I'm used to
4. Weather sucked
5. There were like five (ok, three) trash cans every time I went to throw something out
6. The union square area was very nice. Some cool buildings

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads