• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Fast Food Appreciation Thread

Willie5566

Reaction score
I feel like people are making too much of this. It's like if the burger does not deliver an orgasm, then it is ****. I say compare it for what it is. In Five Guys case it is a pretty good burger. Can I go elsewhere for a couple bucks more and do better? Sure. That does not make the Five Guys burger not worth trying. It is still pretty good in it's own right. The meat is fresh and I do not believe it is frozen. The fries are fresh cut from real potatoes and they are pretty good too. Sorry they are not fried in duck fat or whale spem but they do the job.

I have only been to Five Guys 2-3 times. It has not become my go to place for fast food, nor am I a regular. However, it is nice to go to once in a while when I want something different or I want to go a step above Burger King or McDonalds. I guess you could say is what Chipotle is to Taco Bell- Five Guys is to McDonalds, Burger King, etc.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Raising Cane's has outstanding chicken. Better than Chick-fil-A by a longshot. There's one on campus at my alma mater...it was hard to walk by without stopping.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never been impressed by or craved a hamburger in my life, honestly.

By the by, killed some Popeye's 4 pc spicy with cajun rice today. Hit the spot.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Almost forgot: Dunkin Donuts' maple cheddar breakfast sandwich, which is only available in the fall/early winter, is sublime.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First time I had 5 Guys, my expectations were way off...from all the great reviews I'd heard I expected it to be more of a "real" burger, not a greasy mess. As in, way greasier than a Big Mac. Also they forgot to add the bacon. Unforgivable. The fries can be good but the last couple of times I've gone they've been undercooked. On the subject of sandwich shops, Capriotti's > *.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Dream fast food day :

Breakfast 1 - Waffle House All star breakfast, eggs sunny side up, side of bacon, waffle done light

This is flawed since you have not indicated that you will be getting hash browns nor how they will be prepared (this in itself may be a good thread).

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Dream fast food day :

Dinner 3 - Popeyes popcorn chicken and wings

Again, this is flawed since you did not order biscuits.

Otherwise, nice work.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone actually go to Popeye's and not get the biscuits? That would be sacrilege.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The deliciousness of early morning junk known as Sausage & Egg McMuffin meal with 2 extra hash browns for good measure. Naturally I throw away the coffee and go to a real cafe for it.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Do a search for Five Guys and you'll bump into the huge Five Guys thread. Synopsis: They Blow! Also, They're Awesome! Their fries suck! Also, their fries are Awesome!

Has anybody tried the new McDonalds Chipotle burger? There were coupons for Buy1Get1 sammich and I was thinking of giving it a go.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i love jimmy john's. the bread's pretty good and if i order extra meat it's like 12 oz of meat in there

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
i love jimmy john's. the bread's pretty good and if i order extra meat it's like 12 oz of meat in there
Never been there but I've always wanted to give it a try. What's good there?

Logan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
McDonald's eggs are about the only real food product in there, man.
redface.gif
They're just cooked in ring molds so they're less likely end up on your crotch when you hit a bump in your hybrid Escalade/Tahoe/Excursion.

Originally Posted by ratboycom
True, but the folded egg that is on the McGriddle (McGirdle) is from a milk carton like container and cooked in a mold.

I can confirm both statements, you guys must have worked there too. When I worked there as a teen they still used lard to cook the fries. So gross, but so good at the same time.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Never been there but I've always wanted to give it a try. What's good there?

it's hard to go wrong. i like the blt and the roast beef (it's called the hunter's club)

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
it's hard to go wrong. i like the blt and the roast beef (it's called the hunter's club)

ham and turkey with avocado spread and dijon

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads