• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Words Do You HATE?

KidFlo

Reaction score
I don't know about you guys but I absolutely HATE GUAP, I hear people say this, and I cringe. It's slang for money.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FtRoyalty
I have no problem with the dual and tri nationals. However, I have a problem with born and raised American citizens using those terms to come off as more cultured and intelligent than they actually are.
Surely you know at least one American (by birth ... and often a climber) who speaks with a British accent? These people never cease to amuse me.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Lately I am hating on "snowpocalypse."

It was funny last year when we had that ridiculous series of storms roll thru the east coast and got unprecedented amounts of snow that shut things down.

But the term is sooooo last winter and this latest storm didn't hold a candle to what we got last year.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
'hook-up'

'crucial'....frat boy speak..."Dude, that Red Bull I downed at 2am was CRUCIAL"

*#..

Reaction score
I hate the phrase "that sucks". To me, it just epitomizes unconcern for the other person.
I also don't like any hip-hop slang like ima, finna, bruh, swag, etc. Complete disgrace to the English language. Hella is hella up there as far as words I don't like, and I'm from Northern California. The same goes for NorCal and SoCal, can't stand them, especially when they're stickers on people's cars.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by *#..
I also don't like any hip-hop slang like ima, finna, bruh, swag, etc. Complete disgrace to the English language.

+100000.

The only thing worse than hip-hop slang is people looking at you strange when you DON'T use it!

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by word
Bro.
Pay attention to your friends next time and see if they have certain words they use too often. Once you realize what they are it's hilarious to predict when they will use them.

+10000000000000000000000

*#..

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mkarim
+100000.

The only thing worse than hip-hop slang is people looking at you strange when you DON'T use it!

Ah man, I'm glad someone here agrees with me. I know how that is. I've always been called "whitewashed" for never being into that slang and the whole baggy jeans fashion. I grew up in a place where most of the other kids talked like that, and I was one of the few that didn't speak "ebonics".

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah man, I'm glad someone here agrees with me. I know how that is. I've always been called "whitewashed" for never being into that slang and the whole baggy jeans fashion. I grew up in a place where most of the other kids talked like that, and I was one of the few that didn't speak "ebonics".

In fact, I have been told I look too well put-together, clean-shaven etc and have been told by a colleague to show up to work unshaven and looking scruffy once in a while. I work in a professional IT environment...
confused.gif

word

Reaction score
Gotta love how they get offended when you ask them to repeat something because you genuinely didn't understand. Goes for redneck speak as well as ebonics.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads