• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
its weird, they are def not sized down too much because i wear 10.5s in chucks and 11.5s in most shoes and these are 11s.

im gonna push shoe trees in them and wear them around the house for a day or two.... hopefully that will stretch them out

if not they are going back.

lordgold

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Harrington
The leather DBs stretch decently, though the suede definitely expand more in my experience. That said, I don't ever remember either kind being painful on me, at any stage, and like you both my pairs are the same size. If you're confident in the sizing overall - if the next half-size up was definitely too big - then a rubdown with mink oil will soften them up and break them in more easily.

Edit: Just don't go crazy with the mink, because that leather will wrinkle like hell.

I just learned about the wrinkling the hard way.
confused.gif
Oh well, I can live with it.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When i bought them I thought 9.5 was perfect but after walking in them for a while they gave me blisters! I returned them and got 10 which seemed big before but this time they were perfect and since then i've only had a comfortable experience with my DB.

inq89

Reaction score
So I get extremely picky when it comes to shoes (as do us all!) and I exchanged my brand new Beeswax DBs for some Brown Suede DBs from Piperlime.com. My reasoning is that the brown suede is more versatile and works with jeans, chinos, and dress pants while the beeswax only works with jean IMO. Plus the brown suede looks better for formal, night time occasions while the beeswax looks more casual.

But I love the look of the beeswax so it was a hard decision....Did I make the correct choice?

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i really like the beeswax ones, i originally got the sand suede but went with these instead. i will prob cop a pair of lighter color suede ones as i love how they look beat up.

also do the width of the beeswax dbs stretch as well?
my little toe on my bigger foot is feeling kinda squished

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by inq89
So I get extremely picky when it comes to shoes (as do us all!) and I exchanged my brand new Beeswax DBs for some Brown Suede DBs from Piperlime.com. My reasoning is that the brown suede is more versatile and works with jeans, chinos, and dress pants while the beeswax only works with jean IMO. Plus the brown suede looks better for formal, night time occasions while the beeswax looks more casual.

But I love the look of the beeswax so it was a hard decision....Did I make the correct choice?

There's a simple fix to this...get both. At the pricepoint you can probably afford to get a couple pairs. I'll be picking up brown suede and another colour (probably beeswax) in the near future tooo.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yea i think ******** up, my poor toe is getting crushed.
i think i need to go true to size, which is crazy, i must have wide feet

AlbertCamus

Reaction score
Ok so I searched and read at least 100 pages of this thread before I'm asking this.

How do you take care of beeswax dbs (or leather in general I guess) in the long run? Every pic posted in this thread looks like they are almost new, except for some guy who posted some nice heavily worn taupe suede a while back. I have probably a solid 250 miles worth of wear on my beeswax now. They seem to continuously improve with time, but the leather is beginning to look dry.

I know nothing about shoe care, so whats the best way to handle these? Beeswax? Leather conditioner? Shoe polish? Mink oil? Saddle soap? Nothing at all?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads