• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Search for Tubo (R.I.P., Tubo)

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
yes
the weak point is at the fold, and over time the scale will crack and catch on the belt loop, that is what happened to mine.

tardini still makes it
i saw some one piece at a store in italy last year

it is not the same ****** tardini that gets talked about here.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
OH SWEET MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!!!

15%20Cintura%20nera.JPG

Anyone know how Tardini compares to Longhi in quality? This looks just about identical to my Tubo, but in black. The leather looks equally supple. Once you go Tubo, there's no going back.

Any idea about the cost?

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
15%20Cintura%20nera.JPG

My God that hide! Now I know what happend to Mavis.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
She was delicious, too.
You are ... so cruel.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You like the stitching like that on the Tardini? There is no lining whatsoever in these and they're soft?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
You like the stitching like that on the Tardini? There is no lining whatsoever in these and they're soft?

It looks nearly identical to my old Longhi belt. If it's anything like it in actuality, it is the softest alligator/crocodile belt imaginable. I don't think there is any lining.

emptym

Reaction score
I'm not sure if they do belts, but DWFII and his wife showed me some alligator items they had made that completely changed my mind about the hide. I had hated it. This was amazingly soft and supple. And matte. He has access to the best stuff from making boots out of the it for years. Can't hurt to ask.

Btw, the stitching on the Tardini is on the inside, as w/ other tubular belts, right?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emptym
Btw, the stitching on the Tardini is on the inside, as w/ other tubular belts, right?

Yeah--you can tell by the orientation of the buckle. Stitching on the outside would be disgusting.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah--you can tell by the orientation of the buckle. Stitching on the outside would be disgusting.

Maybe I have to see this in person to understand but wouldn't it be better to have the stitching at the bottom of the belt so it doesn't appear either on the inside or outside? It looks like a zipper running through it...

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how Tardini compares to Longhi in quality? This looks just about identical to my Tubo, but in black. The leather looks equally supple. Once you go Tubo, there's no going back.

Any idea about the cost?

the one i saw was virtually identical to the longhi
from the softness of the leather to the brass buckle

i don't remember the price because i was not interested in buying it again

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by T4phage
the one i saw in verona was virtually identical to the longhi
from the softness of the leather to the brass buckle

i don't remember the price because i was not interested in buying it again

I'm surprised you had problems with yours. Mine didn't age at all in 4-5 years of regular wear. How does Tardini compare to Longhi generally?

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
the ones i've seen in better shops in italy were quite nice, not loud.
maybe that depends on what the store ordered

i always understood that the fold point where the scales meet is going to be a weak point
and after a few years it started to fail there - catching on the belt loops which made the damage worse
and the stiff belt loops of raw jeans sped up its demise

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads