• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

CEE88

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
Wow, you are the 2nd person to complain about this. I will need to look mine over real good when it arrives next week.
Yeah, it's annoying but not insurmountable.

One other note on the color:
for anyone familiar with Crew's rinsed red pinpoint oxford from this past fall, or the Gitman Vintage red oxford -- Crew's red utility shirt is several shades darker.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shasta
OMG!!!

http://www.selectism.com/news/2010/0...-camper-watch/

timex-oversize-camper-watch-selectism.jpg

Would the whole watch thing just die already.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
Wow, you are the 2nd person to complain about this. I will need to look mine over real good when it arrives next week.

You late-comers are getting the second-runs. Not much you can do about it except don't be so slow on the uptake next time.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CEE88
Yeah, it's annoying but not insurmountable.

Seriously. I think the solution is called needle and thread.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orlics
So I got my Mister Freedom belt but the color looks nothing at all like that of the pic on the website...

e830w8.jpg

What's the deal? Is this valid grounds for a return?

I can't believe anybody would buy this when you can get the real deal in an army surplus store for around 5 bucks.

freewilliee

Reaction score
i agree. i got the brown ones, now might get the navy ones. you guys should also check out band of outsider x sperry boat shoes. the new s/s collection has some nice ones, like a blue linen boat shoe.
Originally Posted by kevinbrownshakedown
I don't think the leather is actually better leather, but it is specially treated for a preworn look/feel. In any case, it does seem to feel nicer as a result.

baba booey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
You late-comers are getting the second-runs. Not much you can do about it except don't be so slow on the uptake next time.
So the one you got at the clearance center is holding up for ya?

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Ha ha. I didn't get it there. Mine's a catalog order.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CEE88
Wow -- A+ for the Quoddy/Crew collaboration suede chukkas ( http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...8042/28042.jsp ).
Those look fantastic.
If I didn't already have a pair of Yuketen chukkas (below), I'd be seriously interested in these.

I like these too, but really wish they had the darker brown suede color variation instead of the sand suede. Still debating.

baba booey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
Ha ha. I didn't get it there. Mine's a catalog order.
Oh, I should have known. Otherwise you would have rubbed our faces in the mud because you got it for $15.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I see. Tell me, are you a full-time idiot or is this just a hobby?

old yeller

Reaction score
Originally Posted by golfham
I really don't get the hype over Mister Freedom's over-priced stuff.

I don't get the hype over J. Crew's over-priced Timex replica watch either. The quality of watch band is pitiful, too. It's poor imitation of original Nato G-10 18mm band. The watch is bigger than original size, so the 18 mm band does not work for J. Crew timex.

We can get real Benrus automatic movement watch from WW II for $120 on-line.

CEE88

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
I like these too, but really wish they had the darker brown suede color variation instead of the sand suede. Still debating.
True -- and you won't know for sure until you see it in person. But it sure seems to have everything going for it. The color is perhaps in the tradition of Clarks desert boots (but with a red sole) .... ?

Here's a Quoddy chukka that's similar, in a color that (I think) is close to the Yuketen I posted earlier: http://www.southwillard.com/collecti...e-chukka-boot/
Note, this color combo seems to be inspired by traditional dirty bucks.
Appears to be virtually out of stock now, but perhaps worth pursing. And South Willard is a great store to do business with (I've gotten two pairs of Quoddys from them).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads