• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by seany
http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...0876/90876.jsp
Utility jacket for 69.99 (and 89.99). If I didn't get the Cadet jacket, I would have def picked one of these up on sale.

Edit: a new arrival, I don't know what to think of it.

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...9320/29320.jsp

0_o

I extremely love the utility jacket.
The washed fabric is awesome. And the style is spot on, too.
I wore it during the vacation in FL last Dec. and was more that glad that I kopped it.

baba booey

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the J. Crew shoe sizing? If I wear a 9.5 in Clarks DB. Am I safe with this size for the wingtips or bucks?

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fiddy

Reaction score
I have an indigo Gap chambray, I think I paid $24 for it on sale... it's decent. The infantry shirts are also super nice and fit well.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Robert received his celtic greem madras shirt today. He highly recommends it.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chenzhongbi
I extremely love the utility jacket.
The washed fabric is awesome. And the style is spot on, too.
I wore it during the vacation in FL last Dec. and was more that glad that I kopped it.

What color did you get? All they have left in Talls is Shadow and I am curious how the blue looks.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deveandepot1
Robert received his celtic greem madras shirt today. He highly recommends it.
Robert is your special friend, isn't he?
laugh.gif
EDIT: I really want to try on that shirt. No Talls in it so far, but maybe I can make it work.

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
What color did you get? All they have left in Talls is Shadow and I am curious how the blue looks.
You got me. I'm the lamest color describer in the world
frown.gif

It's not that rich and dark as in the online photos. Sorta like sun-faded midnight blue (b/c the fabric's washed?).
I would say it has a nice hue/tone.

Guus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by baba booey
Can anyone comment on the J. Crew shoe sizing? If I wear a 9.5 in Clarks DB. Am I safe with this size for the wingtips or bucks?

Yep. I own the MacAllister and a pair of Clarks DB and they're both size 10.

Any opinions on the Braid McNutt Linen Camp Shirt?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chenzhongbi
You got me. I'm the lamest color describer in the world
frown.gif
It's not that rich and dark as in the online photos. Sorta like sun-faded midnight blue (b/c the fabric's washed?). I would say it has a nice hue/tone.

I love how the jacket starts at $70 on sale in regular sizes, but if I wanna get a tall in it I have to shell out $108 on sale.
ffffuuuu.gif
Thanks for the tips on the color. I may get one if a good sale coupon hits and I have the money. I have like 3 black jackets and I really wanna get a blue one.

Guus

Reaction score
I love how the jacket starts at $70 on sale in regular sizes, but if I wanna get a tall in it I have to shell out $108 on sale.
ffffuuuu.gif
Thanks for the tips on the color. I may get one if a good sale coupon hits and I have the money. I have like 3 black jackets and I really wanna get a blue one.

You should get it, man. That Jacket is hot and everyone likes it. I own that blue/"Shadow" utility Jacket and I can't wait until it warms up for me to wear it. Doesn't seem it will happen anytime soon. We're expecting another foot of snow tomorrow.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Guus
You should get it, man. That Jacket is hot and everyone likes it.

I own that blue/"Shadow" utility Jacket and I can't wait until it warms up for me to wear it. Doesn't seem it will happen anytime soon. We're expecting another foot of snow tomorrow.

It's fairly light weight? I currently live in south TX and it's never that cold here.

Guus

Reaction score
It's fairly light weight? I currently live in south TX and it's never that cold here.

Yeah, it's light enough, won't make you sweat. Also, the sleeves are buttoned so if you wish, you could roll them up the way SW shirts are usually advertised in the store.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads