• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How much living area do you have in your pad/crib?

feynmix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The studio I rent in Chelsea is about 300 sq ft. Pretty small space, but enough for me.

turboman808

Reaction score
I must live on a different planet. 1000ft2 is a pretty big apartment. I'm moving into a 980ft2 place this weekend with waterside view. I'm pretty happy with it.

Place I just moved out of was only 600ft2. I was close to my office otherwise I wouldn't have taken it.

videocrew

Reaction score
750 sqft, shared with a wife and 35lb dog. Horrendously overpriced but the location is unbelievable. Looking forward to an upgrade once I graduate and secure gainful employment.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3,200 square foot ranch. Wife and I bought it about seven months ago. It's our first house and thanks to the market at the time we were able to get something significantly larger and in a much nicer neighborhood than we could have if we had bought a couple of years ago.

My only complaint with the size of the house: The den is on one end and the wireless router is in there and I bought a cheap one (because at the time we were in an 800sqft apartment) and the signal likes to fade out if I go to the other end of the house with the laptop.

Gallardo2501

Reaction score
660 sq ft. A normal size condo in Vail.

To get anything notabley larger, you'd have to start looking at a Chalat (or one of the grossly expensive condo's in the Village or Lionshead), which is much more then I could ever justify spending for only two people.

I've got a big garage down valley for my toys, that's all that matters for now lol.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
In about three to five months, I am looking forward to moving into a new place that is going to be in the 350-500sq ft range. Woot

InsBrokerTX

Reaction score
3000 sq. ft. house with a separate 1000 sq. ft. 3 car garage with small man cave on three acres atop a hill.

turboman808

Reaction score
Originally Posted by InsBrokerTX
3000 sq. ft. house with a separate 1000 sq. ft. 3 car garage with small man cave on three acres atop a hill.

sounds like the perfect place.

I have a warehouse down the road a few miles where I keep my cars.

pscolari

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife and I live in a 910 sq ft apt in the So End of Boston that has 2 beds and 1 bath. This is in a 5 story brownstone and includes a deeded parking spot behind the bldg. We also have a small 8x10 deck balcony. It is the perfect amount of space for the two of us and a 16 lb dog. The key is to not accumulate crap and maximize space. We've been here in this place for about 6 months and just getting to the point now where we have fully gotten decluttered.

Unfortunately if we ever want a +1200 sq ft place we would probably have to buy in a newer doorman bldg if we want to stay in Boston proper or go back across the river to Cambridge where we were living before. The latter option is easier to swallow than the former.

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Approximately 700 square feet (1 bedroom + walkthrough den) in Brooklyn, New York split between myself and the girlfriend. We could use an extra bedroom/workroom, bike storage, and laundry.

bullethead

Reaction score
1000 sq ft-2 bedrooms one bath. Plenty of room for me though i would like to utilize the second bedroom more. Now it is the proverbial junk room

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by feynmix
The studio I rent in Chelsea is about 300 sq ft. Pretty small space, but enough for me.

Wow, that is little. Do you rotate seasonal clothes or have other kind of storage solutions?

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
200 sq ft bedroom, + bath.
+ 14 more rooms
+ 4 porches
+ basement

My closet is tiny though. I need to commandeer an entire room upstairs for storage.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by crazyquik
200 sq ft bedroom, + bath.
+ 14 more rooms
+ 4 porches
+ basement

My closet is tiny though. I need to commandeer an entire room upstairs for storage.

14 rooms,that's a big ass house (facility,building or whatever).

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
1,000 square foot house in a downtown area. More than I need, and my mortgage is less than my student loan payment.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads