• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2010 No Purchase Club

mondayc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mapleton
What if you've got holes in your underwear, you've gotta buy new underwear!
Then you should have bought new underwear in 2009. Embrace the holes!

mehhhh

Reaction score
Still in.

I'm trying to apply this to everything in my life except food, bathing stuff, and wear subject car parts/fluids.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I can find this one item that is supposedly on sale in Japan, I am out. And, it will be well worth it!
devil.gif

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More Cabourn. Really, the only article of clothing in this world that I want.
c0134310_23204679.jpg
Edit: Bah. Still IN
frown.gif

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm not going to last the whole year but I think the last buy for me other than a toj leather was a uniqlo hoodie and some heattech last year. Since I'm saving for an apartment+loans, I'm probably in this for a while unless my job gives me a free apartment again.

Threak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forgive me SF, for I have shopped.

It had been ten days since my last clothing purchase.

I stepped into a Marshall's store to see what kind of after-Christmas merchandise they might have, but what I found instead was that half the Men's section was covered in Ralph Lauren ponies. It was mostly polos and black socks. Normally that wouldn't have caught my attention, but this time I noticed they actually had a decent assortment of fits which made me curious. So, I compared the Classic fit with the Custom fit, then found the Polo Golf Pro-Fit. Not only was it an inch slimmer than the Custom fit, but the Pima cotton pique was much nicer, and the tails were cut even instead of having the back tail 2" longer. I caved.

With that in hand, I also picked up a blood red cashmere scarf (I guess I was asking for it, looking for post-holiday merchandise) and a Penguin tie (I blame it on Mad Men. I hadn't sat down and watched it until recently, but got hooked over winter break and I'm up to S03E09).

ffffuuuu.gif

I repent.

Total damage: $75 + tax.

The polo might actually go back though. It's actually 17.75" pit-to-pit, which might be too slim. Or maybe I'll just let it sit in the closet for a few months and see how I like it when it's warmer, though.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^I wear my polo shirts to work so I don't mess up my nice clothes.

Copped another jil sander knit, silk/cashmere crewneck to balance out all my vnecks.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
leave it to jet to provide SoCal with its own economic stimulus package

i love that you post your recent purchases in this thread V.
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif

Strombollii

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
OK, i bought something like January 4 but I've been clean since. Do I get to stay in?

Ditto... I happened to find myself at a Theory outlet in Vegas the day after New Year's.... but I'm clean since!

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I made it from june until last week without buying regular clothes (I had ordered some winter cycling gear to for fall/winter racing...but I certainly would not wear it off a bike).

Technically I bought a pair of pants in spain in July...but I returned them a day later becasue I didn't want to carry them around europe

I am back in the purchase club!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads