• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I'm going to weigh in on this. First of all, j. moderated the thread, then closed it, so it's done. Second, thread-crapping is against the rules.

However, imo, the OP acted unethically. The difference between this, and someone who buys tons of Incotex at Daffys for resale, is that the second is providing a service, while the first is really a scalper. Most of our readers are not physically able to get to Daffy's, so without the reseller, they would not have had access to those goods. However, pretty much everyone reading this post can purchase directly from Yoox. Yes, the forum has advertising, people make money on the B&S forum, etc... but it's the sense of community that makes Styleforum a place more and more people keep coming back to. Our hope is that people consider themselves part of this community, and act as responsible members.

My faith has been restored. Thank you!

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
First the Yoox business, and now this: Is this the place to express my
inlove.gif
for Fok?

pwnd

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
yup, Ive got no problem with the guy (other than flogging the unfunny fanny pac dead horse a little too hard) however he made a remark that one other member thought was a little inappropriate, and I happened to agree, and instructed him to edit it.

We have a zero tolerance policy for certain things, and while I would stop short of saying he contravened that, he was damn sure rimming it.

I gave him plento time for editing, kept an eye on his last login time as well....so it's not like the time differences intervened there...but when he popped up posting later in the same thread without editing his previous post....well...enjoy the week off, kiddo. Get some sun....

appreciate it Matt

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
First the Yoox business, and now this: Is this the place to express my
inlove.gif
for Fok? pwnd

I do it for the kids. You can express your gratitude by donating like a Bigtimer.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Should I have a CE fundraiser? Say, $5 to start a thread with a link to a non-AP source, and $10 to start a thread on Climate Change? Should this be a poll?

Last time it was about banning conne or bringing threads back, I know it made me give some donations...

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
The greekgeek/jinda/bris/binge argument has found its way into several subforums now. Any way to kill it? It seems like it is mentioned in every thread I click on.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hossoso
The greekgeek/jinda/bris/binge argument has found its way into several subforums now. Any way to kill it? It seems like it is mentioned in every thread I click on.
If anywhere, it is appropriate to discuss in CE. The topic of limiting the profits of a seller--whether they be a multinational corporation, or an individual--is a common and popular one in CE. That is where it should be discussed. I would hope that the CE regulars would weigh in, especially explaining how their decision to follow suit jibes with their economic views, politics. etc.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by binge
If anywhere, it is appropriate to discuss in CE. The topic of limiting the profits of a seller--whether they be a multinational corporation, or an individual--is a common and popular one in CE. That is where it should be discussed. I would hope that the CE regulars would weigh in, especially explaining how their decision to follow suit jibes with their economic views, politics. etc.
Bullshit, you just want to pile on to this asshole who fucked up. Are you a grown man? Do you consider yourself intellectually mature? The guy made an ass of himself, everyone called him on it. He got what he deserved, I hope he gets stuck with a bunch of shoes that don't fit. Yours is probably the fourth thread I have come across dedicated to it. Don't get me wrong, I am widely considered an asshole and an instigator in CE. For that reason, I think that this criticism, coming from me, would give you pause.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should actually read the threads in CE rather than just post in them. The topic of greed is common and vibrant.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by binge
You should actually read the threads in CE rather than just post in them. The topic of greed is common and vibrant.

Ah, I should have specified... I am a liberal asshole not a conservative asshole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads