• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crate Denim

Johnny5

Reaction score
seriously even before the CvF issues, i've already seen threads bashing crate's quality. Really hope those guys can change their sewing plant or something.

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are really cool images up on secretservice's blog of upcoming crate stuff:
Untitled-1-8.jpg
This stuff looks great. Anyone have experience with Crate's non-denim goods?

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got a pair of Crate Chambray Pants. The fabric is wonderful, super lightweight chambray. I've had no real problems with the construction, but they definitely aren't the same quality as KMW. Crate does use felled seams, crotch patches, tailored belt loops, and hidden rivets (Fall 09), so the design is great, but they definitely have a problematic factory though.

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude.. I emailed them so many times when they first posted them on their blog. Always said they'd get them next week or something, still want a pair :/

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Revolve might have some crate jeans for sale, albeit in very very limited sizes.

itsjustadrian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ToruOkada
There are really cool images up on secretservice's blog of upcoming crate stuff:
Untitled-1-8.jpg

This stuff looks great. Anyone have experience with Crate's non-denim goods?

+1
Both the chambray and chino look great.

dv3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI, just put up some Crate vs Farinellis in B&S...see sig

itsjustadrian

Reaction score
Kay guys, it's been about 6 months now since these were released for S/S '09. Let's see some evo pics. As soon as I find my camera, I'll post my slightly worn in Routes. I wore them about 3-4 times a week so it won't be as extreme as other posters.

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i just got some raw selvege crate jeans and the waistband is pulling off (2 weeks old). The stitching failed.

How to fix?

Secret service wont email back..

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's the chainstiching. Chainstichting is overrated to the point it is not funny. Ity unravels if one part of the stich is broken. Anways: Crate Routes 4 Months 1 Soak As I expected, not much contrast.
dsc07679g.jpg
dsc07670q.jpg
Temporary Button Replacement
dsc07673.jpg
dsc07668.jpg
Vertical Fades
dsc07675rwa.jpg

itsjustadrian

Reaction score
I bought these in late march and I usually wear them about 3-4 times a week. I don't do any hardcore activities with them so maybe that's why it's taking so long to get signs of extreme wear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads