• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Debt consolidation question (specifically paying off credit cards)?

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
even on 0% cards once the rate kicks in its usually like 7% not 24%... pretty sure you have to miss a payment to get that high

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
even on 0% cards once the rate kicks in its usually like 7% not 24%... pretty sure you have to miss a payment to get that high

Ben this post makes you sound suspiciously like a Republican. Did someone jack your password?

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bankruptcy may be cheaper. Sucks that she's getting $10K in the next few months, since if she were to declare Chapter 11 the trustee would undoubtedly force her to fork it over to her creditors.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Bankruptcy may be cheaper. Sucks that she's getting $10K in the next few months, since if she were to declare Chapter 11 the trustee would undoubtedly force her to fork it over to her creditors.

bad idea, pay the damn credit cards off.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^ +1. Bankruptcy will cost a shitload more than $23K if she tries to buy a house in the next lifetime.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger

Don't even have to miss a payment.

Recently I was a day late with a cc payment. I always pay the complete balance off each month, but miscalculated/mis-timed holidays so automatic bank payment was ONE day late.

The CC F***ers jacked the interest rate up to 25% just like that the next billing cycle.

That's OK though, I use the CC companies like the bitches by paying off the whole amount each month.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is anyone really familiar with new underwriting standards ( as to getting a mortgage or say a $23,000 debt consolidation loan as has been discussed ). It seems to me that her current credit score wouldn't allow her to do either right now.

It also seems to me that if someone negotiates their $23,000 debt down to say $15,000 and also gets their interest rate lowered, that will show up on their credit score and credit profile. Especially in these days of instant computer dissemination of credit information.

If she's coming into $10,000 then I don't think she would be eligible for a chapter 7 bankruptcy. But would a chapter 11 bankruptcy really look that much worse than a negotiated reduction in principal and interest rate? After all, that is what a chapter 11 bankruptcy is.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
bad idea, pay the damn credit cards off.
Originally Posted by Douglas
^ +1. Bankruptcy will cost a shitload more than $23K if she tries to buy a house in the next lifetime.
Credit report != credit. Hell, if she were flat out broke Chapter 7 would be the best deal I bet. Why is she all of a sudden getting $10K?

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MBNA usually has some pretty good balance transfer rates (2-3% for 12 months) and then get a bank loan to pay that off. Assuming she has a job, I can't believe getting an unsecured line of credit for $20K will be difficult.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
I second the bankruptcy option. Have her give you the money to hold on to until she finishes up.

a financial genius, I'm sure no one has ever tried that before to look poor on paper.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
a financial genius, I'm sure no one has ever tried that before to look poor on paper.
I will take the credit. Seriously though, his assets are not counted in her bankruptcy calculation. Even with consolidation, she's still buried under a mountain of debt. No home to repo and no major assets. I can't imagine her credit being stellar so the 7 year period won't be too much of a difference. I am not really up to date on bankruptcy law but didn't they change the code to make it much harder to discharge debt while Bush was in office?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads