• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many watches do you own?

jetfight

Reaction score
I own a 70s Piaget 18k YG auto dress watch and a Tourneau full calendar auto watch
I will try get a Patek or Vacheron 18k gold watch by the end of the year IF I am still employed...

Anders

Reaction score
worship2.gif
gazman70k

I'm really curious how you can own/wear Seiko 5's when you own other watches of such high caliber. I would have guessed you'd wear a Submariner or similar for a beater if you own watches such as Pateks and independents (which I've drooled over in the watch Appreciation thread). Can you explain your reasoning behind having watches on such extreme ends of the spectrum? I'm genuinely curious.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gazman70k
#7 Panerai PAM183. No longer with me. Tip: Never buy a watch without seeing it in real life first.
What didn't you like about the Black Seal?

Also, what's that strap on the PAM26?

spacepuppy

Reaction score
20 or so. It's funny, they are a reflection of my interest and income throughout my life. Hope this year is a "WOW" year!
happy.gif

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
wow, gaz.... i might need to change career! is this the reason you moved to hk?
smile.gif

inq89

Reaction score
I own two: A Hamilton Khaki Field, my first real watch I purchased a few months ago, and a Bucherer that my father gave me. Both are quartz but when I'm done with college I'll invest in my first automatic, probably an Omega Speedmaster.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spacepuppy
20 or so. It's funny, they are a reflection of my interest and income throughout my life. Hope this year is a "WOW" year!
happy.gif

That's awesome...
If you don't mind, can you list em or some pics
smile.gif

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
^^^^
crazy.gif
confused.gif
nod[1].gif

2 for me. A Seiko my dad gave me almost 30 years ago (it's my dress watch - nice but plain, takes a battery) and a Swiss Army casual watch I picked up 10 years ago for weekend wear

And I am sure that your Seiko has been serving you very well, both as a time piece and as a memory of your father. Here is to another 30 years of faithful service.

Originally Posted by DrCool1978
Wow gazman, you may have a problem, lol.

Tell me about it!
laugh.gif
You should see my strap collection.

But I've never lost money on a watch. Try making a 40% return on a used pair of shoes.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Anders
worship2.gif
gazman70k

I'm really curious how you can own/wear Seiko 5's when you own other watches of such high caliber. I would have guessed you'd wear a Submariner or similar for a beater if you own watches such as Pateks and independents (which I've drooled over in the watch Appreciation thread). Can you explain your reasoning behind having watches on such extreme ends of the spectrum? I'm genuinely curious.

That's because I buy the watches for my own enjoyment and not for others. And I enjoy all things watches. Besides, one can feast on caviar and truffles but still find immense enjoyment in a simple bowl of noodles or a good old fashion hamburger. As I have noted elsewhere, Seiko is an amazing manufacture and puts most Swiss manufactures to shame with its vertical integration. Besides Rolex and JLC, not many other Swiss manufactures can match Seiko in this respect.

You will also notice that I am not into complications like perpetual calenders or tourbillons (which in my mind is a redundant complication for wrist watches since it was designed to allow a pocket watch to compensate for gravity). I am really into the very core of timekeeping.

Originally Posted by Kaplan
What didn't you like about the Black Seal?

Also, what's that strap on the PAM26?

It didn't sing to me like the 249 did later on. I found the case too small and the overall aesthetics to be a little boring.

The strap on the 26 is an OEM burgundy calf.

Originally Posted by acidicboy
wow, gaz.... i might need to change career! is this the reason you moved to hk?
smile.gif

Moving to HK was a bad decision on the wallet.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by babygreenspots
zero. they are too easily lost. nice watches, like nice hats, are for teetotallers

As are rattles and teddy bears. What activities do you undertake where you would loose your watch?

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I approve of the Gazman watch collecting philosophy

mc25

Reaction score
3:
Casual: NixonManual
Daily wear: Perry Ellis bronze watch
Formal: Seiko gold watch

Albern

Reaction score
I only have 3 at the moment:

Omega Seamaster Professional
A Movado
1921 Waltham 1910 on a 345 movement

I plan on getting more once things improve. On the wrist watch end I'm looking at Zenith (the open face models), IWC (Portuguese auto most likely), and more pocket watches.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads