• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Watchmen

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
beanjuice.gif

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
In my experience, the book got this analysis wrong.

no, i think it got it right. there's something f'd up about putting on a mask and fighting evil-doers.....

the trailer is enthralling. i'm still ambivalent on the project, but the trailer is very good.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gorgekko
Saw the trailer ahead of The Dark Knight tonight. I'm not sure about this one. Dr. Manhattan looked cool but the other people looked like they were wearing bad costumes. I'll still see it.
This was my reaction, too. Rorschach looked good, and Dr. Manhattan looked better than I expected, but the rest of it left me a bit leery. I'm afraid this is going to be like Brad Pitt's Troy -- a good-looking movie with interesting source material that can't live up to its potential. (Or, dare I say it, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, which managed to completely botch an incredible comic series.) Maybe I'm spooked because some of the publicity shots seem a bit inept, like the early pics from Superman Returns. And we saw what an abomination that turned out to be. Hopefully Watchmen will defy the odds. But it's got to get past the Mystery Men vibe I'm getting from it.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
This was my reaction, too. Rorschach looked good, and Dr. Manhattan looked better than I expected, but the rest of it left me a bit leery. I'm afraid this is going to be like Brad Pitt's Troy -- a good-looking movie with interesting source material that can't live up to its potential. (Or, dare I say it, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, which managed to completely botch an incredible comic series.)

Maybe I'm spooked because some of the publicity shots seem a bit inept, like the early pics from Superman Returns. And we saw what an abomination that turned out to be.

Hopefully Watchmen will defy the odds. But it's got to get past the Mystery Men vibe I'm getting from it.

Well, there's that. Rorschach is the easiest costume to do (now that CGI can easily do that shifting mask thing). And yeah, the Comedian's facial expressions in wiping out the Vietnamese are kind of weird. He was just too damn happy about that. Silk Spectre II's outfit seems a little off - I don't think the yellow should be there - I think it was supposed to be lace or something sheer. Nite Owl II is a bit too mechanized, but otherwise seems fine. ozymandias black outfit seems a bit off, but he shouldn't spend too much time in it.

I actually liked parts of Superman returns, but didn't like (1) Lex Luthor's idiotic plot, and (2) Lois's baby.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
I actually liked parts of Superman returns, but didn't like (1) Lex Luthor's idiotic plot, and (2) Lois's baby.

I liked bits and pieces of it, but thought the movie made Superman seem superpathetic. I really disliked how they turned him into a peeper and homewrecker. Creepy. The baby subplot was a terrible idea. But the cast had potential. It's a shame they made Routh play Reeve, and that Spacey didn't get better direction as Lex.

If only Singer had been interested in making a great Superman movie instead of a direct sequel to a 30-year-old movie.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This GN was way before my time, but after seeing the trailer and googling some fun facts about the story, I'm excited to see it.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anyone bought tickets yet? Unfortunately, I'll be out of town this weekend so I might have to wait a few days.
frown.gif

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow night at midnight at the iMax baby! I'm wondering if the iMax will be a little too much.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Was there ever a greater waste of potential than League of Extraordinary Gentlemen? What a terrific story ruined.

How so? I don't really know the history but I kinda liked the movie IIRC.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Agent Sawyer?!

BS

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got my tickets for the midnight showing and I purchased the motion comic yesterday.
It's a good way to recap what I read several years ago.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slightly hokey costumes are intentional people. If anything they look too badass.

wiscogooner

Reaction score
Seeing it Friday night @ Sundance. Gotta love theaters you can booze it at.

I heard they changed the ending. Still the same theme/actions, but different method.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hanihta