• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX/MX - Japanese Denim & Leather, Top Notch Basics, Very Nice Jewelry + Eyewear, & More

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, bro.

Back to drinking.
smile.gif

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Real Japan Blues 66BSPBK
19cm Cut
Black Only
15oz Black Selvedge (Black weft / Black warp)

These should be out within the next couple of weeks.
Please excuse the mess that is my sneakers/laces/hem, i just put them on for a second for a few photos. I'm wearing a size 29, and these have not be soaked, so i have no idea how much they're going to shrink until we test a pair.

DSC01542-1.jpg

DSC01544-1.jpg

DSC01546.jpg

DSC01547.jpg

themidship22

Reaction score
oh... shoot.... !
Those look pretty Slick, and I am in the market for some nice black jeans.
You just love taking my money Kiya

reprehensible

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
Welcome all to the Self Edge News Hour.

Some exciting things to look forward to..

Merciful Zeus!

Really interesting that you're going to get custom boots from Wesco. I have a pair of their regular engineer boots. The looks of them can be argued about, but I think I'd need a shotgun to wear them out. And they outweigh any other boots I have by at least a couple of pounds.

gabby11303

Reaction score
Kiya,

Last Friday you had sent up a coupon code for me to use. Thanks and sorry I didn't use it. My mom passed away that day and it's just been nuts. Probably sounds silly for me to even mention it.

Just trying to get back on track, but I will be picking up that shirt when it comes in.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
RESTOCK OF THE NEVER ON SUNDAY SHIRT

Same shirt, slightly different fabric, .5oz. heavier and it's a super dark indigo/black denim. It's almost black indigo colored, all other details are exactly the same.

Self Edge & Pote Tin Kyriaki - The Never on Sunday Shirt

The Greek tragedy, captured on film from the beginning of time... Yet maybe never as gracefully as Jules Dassin's version, Pote Tin Kyriaki (Never on Sunday), shot in 1958 in the port town of Piraeus, Greece.

Homer, an American, travels to Greece to find the meaning of life, and instead finds himself captured by the love of life within a Greek prostitute. Capturing the life and zeitgeist of Greece in the late 50's, Jules Dassin made film history as Never on Sunday became an international hit and the best known Greek film ever made.

Late within the film as Homer begins to realize that his beliefs are not what holds true any more in modern Greece, he is seen wearing a black denim western shirt. In celebration of Never on Sunday and in homage to the recently deceased Jules Dassin, Self Edge has reproduced this same shirt.

INDIGO/BLACK denim from Cone Denim's White Oak collection, vintage deadstock buttons, hand sewn button holes, and blue/white/blue cuff button hole colors representing the Greek colors bring together the design behind this shirt. Pocket flaps Incorporated into the pattern turn into an arcuate design for the front chest with button accents.

The Pote Tin Kyriaki shirt is now available in-store and in our online store, check the online store for measurements and specs:http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...index&cPath=75

ptk_01_web-744166.jpg

ptk_02_web-744179.jpg

ptk_03_web-786414.jpg

ptk_05_web-711267.jpg

ptk_04_web-786426.jpg

gabby11303

Reaction score
Trying to figure out if I should go with a L or XL. I have the Self edge short sleeve sea chambray shirt in a large. It fits well, but I can't wash it or will shrink and be too small.

I know the self edge site has measurements, but I wanted to know if I get the XL and wash it, will it shrink around the waist/in the body to about the same size as the Large? It looks like it will in all other dimensions.

Thanks

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gabby11303
Trying to figure out if I should go with a L or XL. I have the Self edge short sleeve sea chambray shirt in a large. It fits well, but I can't wash it or will shrink and be too small.

I know the self edge site has measurements, but I wanted to know if I get the XL and wash it, will it shrink around the waist/in the body to about the same size as the Large? It looks like it will in all other dimensions.

Thanks

Get the Large, our shirts don't really shrink much, it's all made of sanforized denim or chambray.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Iron Heart Flannel Shirts - Fall Series RESTOCKED! Iron Heart brings us a great addition to their fall collection, their famous flannels in red and blue. These flannels are made in super limited quantities twice a year. These shirts offer a great fit with amazing construction in a super comfortable brushed flannel material. Also in is a full restock of the 634s and 9634 jeans. More photographs, specs, and sizing information is now available in our online store. http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...ea4f70ef146e3b
001-723022.jpg
002-723084.jpg
007-756622.jpg
008-756646.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads