• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post pics of your denim - denim fades and evolution

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Daskb
Guess what I'm 42 and like few things that youngsters like might like. Don't put me down for that, please.

funny thing is, you are wrong. You are 42 and you like what 52-year-olds *think* youngsters like. no youngster here likes your ****** $880 jeans

WayneGibbous

Reaction score
Sorry to pile on Daskb, but you have been duped by these designers into buying trash with a label on it. Desinger trash. Nothing sticks out about any of these jeans...$900? $600? I wouldn't wear any of these if they were free.

Johnny Amiga

Reaction score
This reminds me somewhat of that horrid "Esquire guide to jeans" they had a few months back, where they endorsed Borrellis as the finest jeans available. And I'm sure Borrelli's jeans are infinitely superior to those ass-ugly LVs, Pradas or Dolces.

Still, I might wear the Hermes selvages if I got them for free, they don't look half bad (assuming the cut really is similiar to APC NS, like was mentioned in that other thread). Having said that, they don't look even as good as say Uniqlo selvages, which are like 70. So cost/quality-wise, that's quite possibly the worst denim collection I've ever seen.

johnnylazar

Reaction score
That guide to jeans was horrible. And that dudes jean collection sucked. The dolce and gabbanas are ugly as hell. I think it's funny how they plaster logos everywhere, like the plaque on the back pocket. Like that is really necessary.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny Amiga
This reminds me somewhat of that horrid "Esquire guide to jeans" they had a few months back, where they endorsed Borrellis as the finest jeans available. And I'm sure Borrelli's jeans are infinitely superior to those ass-ugly LVs, Pradas or Dolces.

I looked up the article in question... they actually didn't say Borelli was the best jeans available, they just used it as an example of jeans at that price point. (Although I suppose the fact they feature it at all is an implicit recommendation.)

Still, I might wear the Hermes selvages if I got them for free, they don't look half bad (assuming the cut really is similiar to APC NS, like was mentioned in that other thread). Having said that, they don't look even as good as say Uniqlo selvages, which are like 70. So cost/quality-wise, that's quite possibly the worst denim collection I've ever seen.
I'm sure most of them are fine jeans I might very well buy if they cost an order of magnitude less. Of course, things like the subtle shade of color and fit are difficult to discern from photos. The only things I find truly obnoxious are the LV back pocket and the zippered (!) back pocket of the Dolce & Gabbanas-- possibly the most impractical detail I've ever seen.

All these jeans from design houses bear at least some imprimatur of quality, but certainly not enough to offset the "paying for the name" markup. Jeans are not really "fashion" items, and the qualities that set a pair of jeans apart usually involve craftsmanship rather than "design".

whatuknowaboutthat

Reaction score
lets try this again.. LVC 1967 606 Super Slims, size 29x32. Not sure how long i've worn these but the last month I've been rocking these hard.. No soak, no wash.
082508c.jpg
082508d.jpg
082508a.jpg
082508b.jpg
082508e.jpg
082508f.jpg
082508g.jpg
082508h.jpg
082508i.jpg

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Daskb
*mean it.

Hey douche,
You still owe some pics on the other side you jackass.
I believe it was summed up right in that you are a 42 year old (with sad priorities), who dresses like how a 52 year olds perception of what is young....
How about you just sit back and learn before speaking in the future.

jbm7777

Reaction score
First pair of Raw Denim... APC Rescue, size 35. I normally wear somewhere between a 36 and 38. Pics taken on day 3 of wearing them.
IMG_3227.jpg
IMG_3228.jpg
IMG_3229.jpg
Thanks Mauro!

Fat-Elvis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
jbm- Those don't look good on you. Get some LVCs or something more relax cut in the thighs.

seriously. you have too much of a butt for jeans like that. Kinda like me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads