• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The new Facebook

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Facebook has released their new redesign. I think it's absolutely awful. Wall, Info and Photos are three separate tabs; there is no single page. This annoys me.

You can check it out at new.facebook.com.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cpmac7
do they just switch it naturally or is it just a trial run?
Trial. You can click "Show me the new Facebook" or whatever and then go back to the old.

Joshua Arson

Reaction score
It's godawful and if they do switch permanently I'll probably stop using it.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate the new one. I didn't know you can switch back, lemme do that so they don't think I like it.

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow.. you guys...

The new version isn't that drastically different. Actually, it makes better use of the screen. More efficient.

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by briancl
Wow.. you guys...

The new version isn't that drastically different. Actually, it makes better use of the screen. More efficient.

Strike that.

The new version is much better. The tabs clean up much of the junk that infected many people's profiles. The layout fills out the width of the screen with more content. The filters and settings allow you to quickly and easily reconfigure the content that you see. Honestly, this is a step in the right direction.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
It doesn't bother me. If this had been the original design I doubt anyone would care.

MCsommerreid

Reaction score
Strike that.

The new version is much better. The tabs clean up much of the junk that infected many people's profiles. The layout fills out the width of the screen with more content. The filters and settings allow you to quickly and easily reconfigure the content that you see. Honestly, this is a step in the right direction.

The user interface is completely off balance. I do agree on the tabs, but the two-column-right-navigation layout is 99% of the time built on failure.

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MCsommerreid
The user interface is completely off balance. I do agree on the tabs, but the two-column-right-navigation layout is 99% of the time built on failure.

Do you think the previous design was better in balance and navigation?

MCsommerreid

Reaction score
Do you think the previous design was better in balance and navigation?

Balance, yes. The two outer columns kept it from seeming overly heavy to one side.

But navigation wise I could go either way. The navigation on social networking sites always tends to blow, since they try to cram so much stuff into one location.

bkk

Reaction score
Still a pretty crummy user interface, if you ask me. What if I want to see what's going on in the "Top Gear" fan area? Why can't I get rid of that awful update feed on my profile, or at least move it?

But I'll stick with Facebook since I won't have an inbox full of Appreciation spam every day like I had with Myspace.

g.re

Reaction score
Advertisment is doubled, too. And why do I have to click another button to see the wall apart from the news feed? This sucks.

stackey

Reaction score
i hate the new facebook too

the tab helps clearing the junks? in the old facebook, if you dont like the junks, you can just hide them or simply delete them. it is the easiet way to have a specific application displayed or not.

i will rather go for one single page that allows me to deploy all functions as i like. maybe i like to place the growing gifts box at the top, i like to have the information placed at a lower position. this is a demonstration of individualist preferences.

with tabs, the info page is to show info, the XX page is to show XX, it is so ******* boring and restraining, it compels me to click here and there, i will say i enjoy moving different function boxes freely!

(in fact i just test-try the new layout for a few minutes, i switched back to the old version right after that, and i bothered to send a suggestion email to the facebook team telling the opinions i mentioned above)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads