• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

luxurious sweatpants?

Anamoly

Reaction score
luxurious sweatpants Who are you Al Sharpton?
bounce2.gif

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im a college student who wears sweatpants everyday...

i don't want to look different from everyone else, but i do want a pair of sweatpants that are super super super comfortable and don't die in the washer/dryer

danyllau

Reaction score
Originally Posted by andyliu52
im a college student who wears sweatpants everyday... i don't want to look different from everyone else, but i do want a pair of sweatpants that are super super super comfortable and don't die in the washer/dryer
Some of these suggestion might easily die in the washer and especially dryer. not really luxurious... but maybe lululemon

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

i don't want to look different from everyone else, but i do want a pair of sweatpants that are super super super comfortable and don't die in the washer/dryer

This is what is wrong with you lazy people!! Get dressed like a human being for class!!

The sweatpants I suggested are actually more fragile BTW; luxurious materials and all.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i will take good care of them and just dry clean them i guess...

i love sweatpants! warm and comfy

bapelolol

Reaction score
i have a pair of spruce terry cloth ones riri zipper and all.. and there was a pair of tigerfleece ones i almost bought but i realized i don't wear sweats

not interesting in selling these

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sorry i thought the "i realized i don't wear sweats" meant that you didn't wear those either

my bad

Calden

Reaction score

frown.gif

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
To the OP... (I'm putting on my 'Teacher/Mom' hat here):

On other threads, you've talked about being a college student and being of limited budget (student worker/part time, etc). As such, if you are even DREAMING of spending $900 for sweatpants, you need to have your head examined.

1) Super expensive "pajama" type garments like those mentioned are made from materials that a typical college student will destroy. If you are lazy enough that actually getting fully dressed is too much work for you, caring for $900 Lanvin sweatpants made from delicate, watered silk or Loro Piana cashmere is NOT going to happen. As well, unless you are taking them to a specialized (read: $$$$$$) cleaners, your regular dry cleaner will probably destroy them as well. And just TRY putting them in the washer/drier: those $900 sweatpants are going to look like $10 yard sale throwaways that your grandpa would use to wash the Buick.

2) What's the point? You also talked about wanting to "save up" for an expensive, designer bag. I'm just not getting the priorities here; why do you need/want this stuff NOW, at this stage in your life??? Eating ramen and living in a hovel so you can have an LV bag and $900 sweatpants just seems off to me and a little egregious.

Go to Zara/H&M and get three or four pairs of well-made, simple, comfortable "designer-y" sweatpants for less than $40 a pop; they will fit your criteria of "[wanting] a pair of sweatpants that are super super super comfortable and don't die in the washer/dryer."

They'll last just as long (or longer) than the $$$ ones and will be smarter buys. Save the Lanvin, Jil Sander, or Loro Piana for later...

Babar

Reaction score
^^

Very well put.

Now I could sort of understand if he saved up for a special leather jacket or something like that, but a pair of full retail designer sweatpants?? People are different I guess, but I've always regarded items like these as fun to buy only at super discount (>75% off retail). No matter how soft and comfy they are I think I'd suffer some serious buyer's remorse if I'd shelled out €250 or whatever for those Jil Sanders.. But at H&M prices, sure!

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
calm! i did not buy the lanvin sweats! i only asked that to see if anyone on this forum actually had 900 dollar sweats, and was not being serious in the slightest. the opening post was serious though, as i did want to see some designer sweatpants, so i could pick a look to aim for

i got a pair of black label sweats on sale for $100, but had buyers remorse the next day and returned them. a few weeks later, i ended up buying purple label sweats for $50 at the outlet, and i am happy with them. they fit me well, and are super soft, and i stuck them in the washer and dryer, and they are still super soft. to me that is a reasonable price.

as for a nice bag, those things are never on sale, so i think its worth saving up for it and buying it at full retail.

why dont i wait? how many more years can i wear a messenger bag? and all this cool sportswear? after college i am doomed to a life of wearing a suits and dress shirts and wool pants, so i want to take advantage of this time while i can!

dont worry, i have my priorities straight!

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
I have no idea why anyone would want such a thing. Best wishes as you attempt to sweat in luxury. Wow.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads