• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need some help with Rainbow Sandals

Mpalmer22

Reaction score
Just get the classic brown ones. Don't buy them b/c they are trendy, buy them b/c they are comfortable and can wear when it is 90+ outside.
Don't be a jackass and wear them all the time, or when you go out in the evening (they just aren't practical for bars, since your feet WILL turn black).

So help me god, if you pair them with anything Abercrombie or Hollister, you should be shot for doing the exact same thing as everyone else. If you want to dress like a surfer and wear flip flops, go for it, but take a trip to a surf shop and see what they have. It's probably not what you think it will be.

attire.jpg

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
flip flops and sandals are stupid unless you are A) wearing them in a public shower or B) wearing them to the beach
otherwise OPEN TOED SHOES ARE MEANT FOR WOMEN

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
flip flops and sandals are stupid unless you are A) wearing them in a public shower or B) wearing them to the beach
otherwise OPEN TOED SHOES ARE MEANT FOR WOMEN

So are tight jeans.

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's fine to wear sandals. Everyone who works at Denim bar occasionally shows up with a t-shirt, jeans and sandals. Usually the jean is cuffed and I think it looks better this way.

To say sandals only have their place at the beach is ridiculous. I think denimdestroyedmylife ridiculed that statement by adding that the combat boot only has its place in war, the western shirt is for a cowboy, the miner's jean is for a miner, etc...

mbc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Let me guess, you own crocs also?
Why the hell would I own crocs? Are you stupid or something? Because you'd have to be stupid to make that comparison. Hey, guess I answered my own question.

Originally Posted by jet
Also wearing them with jeans because it's "hot" is always a cop out.
I don't. I wear them because I like them. I don't shop at A&F, I wasn't in a frat, I don't wear square toed Kenneth Cole shoes, Affliction t-shirts or True Religion jeans. Take your stereotypes and shove them up your ass.

fosho78

Reaction score
I'm with SoCal on this one... How can you call flip-flops effeminate and then turn around and wear really tight jeans or a shirt with a plunging neck? Flip-flops make perfect sense when it's 95 and 100% humidity outside as it often is here in Northern VA.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mbc
Why the hell would I own crocs? Are you stupid or something? Because you'd have to be stupid to make that comparison. Hey, guess I answered my own question.

I don't. I wear them because I like them. I don't shop at A&F, I wasn't in a frat, I don't wear square toed Kenneth Cole shoes, Affliction t-shirts or True Religion jeans. Take your stereotypes and shove them up your ass.

I am amused at how angry you are getting. You must reside in west hollywood.

Anyway sandals are for women and look marsupialed with pants.

KennyGhetzoff

Reaction score
while I agree most men have no business wearing open toed shoes.... rainbows are comfortable and fine leather. wear them if you want.

mbc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
You must reside in west hollywood.
Wrong again - talking out of your ass appears to be a habit of yours?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mbc
Wrong again

Maybe not physically but definitely in spirit.

DBoon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
So are tight jeans.

Wow SoCal is making a lot of sense.

People that don't think its reasonable to wear flip flips probably:
1. Live in a cold climate
2. have ugly ass feet / are flatfooted
3. have given in to the assumption that since most flip flops are ugly, all are

In the spirit of answering the OP: if I was walking around the streets of NYC, I wouldn't wear flip flops because NYC streets are ******* disgusting. Same thing for a club, etc. Use common sense. Because in case you didn't notice, not a lot of people do (long sleeves / pants in the ******* middle of summer).

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sure, we are being mean. but does the OP really need help picking the color? just buy the ******* color you like by looking at the pics.

danilo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fosho78
I'm with SoCal on this one... How can you call flip-flops effeminate and then turn around and wear really tight jeans or a shirt with a plunging neck? Flip-flops make perfect sense when it's 95 and 100% humidity outside as it often is here in Northern VA.
True... I definitely think that Sandals are too often worn by men in situations where they are obviously out of place. But honestly, going to bahama breeze, going to get some pizza, even going to the mall, in the summer sandals make perfect sense. Then again, I only frequent, tropical warm climates such as Florida, Georgia, and Puerto Rico. I love my rainbows, I've had them for almost 4 years. It's a simple and comfortable sandal that I prefer over many Reef sandals I've had. Some people take themselves way too seriously and expect others to do the same.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads