• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Critique my style please!

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You could probably do a lot within the dress code. Some suede bucks or desert boots, some slim incotex style trousers and a nice fitted OCBD.

Hell a lot of contemporary fashionable people dress like they could be going to a prep school, allbeit a very chic one. Just look at Thom Brown.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sheeptoken
Please do indicate anything I need to fix or I can improve on. There's quite a bit that I'm willing to try out. Thanks in advance!

I don't understand what you're going for here.

It looks like you're trying to be tough but failing miserably.

sheeptoken

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel

Going for an urban type look. Im looking for nicer fits. Will post when i get them!

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm being harsh but those clothes are way to big for you and really do make you look like you're in Middle School.

datasupa

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel

No, in this case failure would be getting ignored.

sheeptoken

Reaction score
lol about the fits, Ive already heard theyre too big and Im going to look for better fitting clothes. As I said earlier, I will post more fits soon as I remember having clothes that fit well.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I guess if you're going for a more urban type look, you can check out Superfuture. That's more streetwear/urban than Style Forum is.

sheeptoken

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
Well, I guess if you're going for a more urban type look, you can check out Superfuture. That's more streetwear/urban than Style Forum is.

Ill check it then. I'll stay here for a while though, see what guys here have to say.

Mark C.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by datasupa
You could start by changing your everything.

I literally Laughed Out Loud at this post--LOL!!!

sheeptoken

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark C.
I literally Laughed Out Loud at this post--LOL!!!

Im glad that I provided entertainment, time to pay! lol Im actually trying to improve though anything you can contribute?

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you know its funny if the first few posts when you rip on him, but you clearly can see hes not a troll and not marsupialed. i think he gets it when the first 100 people make fun of him, why dont you guys try n help him now? dont want to sound like a ***** because i do make fun of people a lot here, but i think he gets it by now.

Jacques Cousteau

Reaction score
Im glad that I provided entertainment, time to pay! lol Im actually trying to improve though anything you can contribute?

You seem sincere, so I'll try to be nice.

Stop posting and start reading. Follow WAYWT, and note the kinds of fits posted (not just brand) and the criticism they receive. Pick an element or two from your favorite regular and try to emulate it. After a few months, give it another go.

Seriously though, this isn't a "makeover" forum. Don't expect to pick up a few items of StyleForum Approved Clothingâ„¢ and suddenly be Mr. Hot ****.

Mark C.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel

LOL @ this post too (so true)--LOL!!! You guys are too mcuh...go easy on the little fella.

@ sheeptoken: If I were you, I would avoid the tough guy/bandit look. It doesn't work for you. You look like the nicest guy on earth's little brother.

The best thing you can do right now is play it safe; get yourself some good denim and a few cool t-shirts. That's all you really need. Eventually, your own unique style will evolve from there. Good luck.

sheeptoken

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jacques Cousteau
You seem sincere, so I'll try to be nice. Stop posting and start reading. Follow WAYWT, and note the kinds of fits posted (not just brand) and the criticism they receive. Pick an element or two from your favorite regular and try to emulate it. After a few months, give it another go. Seriously though, this isn't a "makeover" forum. Don't expect to pick up a few items of StyleForum Approved Clothing™ and suddenly be Mr. Hot ****.
Im not looking for magic. I just wanted to know what people thought about what I had now. Additionally, I do read and this is my first day posting, please allow some time. I also really never did look for brand, I always searched for clothes that I thought looked nice. Thank you for the advice, I will look for much better fits. Ive been told countless times about the fit but I actually never did anything about it.
Originally Posted by Mark C.
LOL @ this post too (so true)--LOL!!! You guys are too mcuh...go easy on the little fella. @ sheeptoken: If I were you, I would avoid the tough guy/bandit look. It doesn't work for you. You look like the nicest guy on earth's little brother. The best thing you can do right now is play it safe; get yourself some good denim and a few cool t-shirts. That's all you really need. Eventually, your own unique style will evolve from there. Good luck.
Hah thank you? Im guessing the glasses made me look nice. Im ditching them really soon I dont usually wear the bandana, it was actually my first today! I just felt like wearing it, you know? Ive also been looking for some good graphic tees for quite some time, so it shouldnt take me too long to have some decent ones. Thanks for the tip!

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going for an urban type look. Im looking for nicer fits. Will post when i get them!

The fact that you go to a private Catholic school and your general appearance means you do not fit the "urban type look". So don't try it. Those who grew up in such areas will not accept you and those who didn't grow up in such areas tend to regret their decisions once they reach their 20's. Give it up early while you can still chalk it up to a youthful mistake.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads