• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim fitting chinos / pants

denning

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
JD,
It may sound strange, but Joe clothing from Superstore has actually put out some really nice stuff this spring. I picked up a pair of really slim chinos for $24 that are a light weight cotton. They have short sleeve shirts in some nice styles (camp, safari, other) for cheap ($14-16). A slim cut polo for $10. Some nice pieces.

It's worth having a look.

Originally Posted by JD_May
Awesome. Thanks. I don't think I can easily get Uniqlo from here in Vantown but the RLs look like pretty much what I'm after.

Yardsale

Reaction score
anyone tried these? a bit pricier for jcrew

Italian chino classic-fit suit pant
$118.00\t\t item 81554

81554_NA6810_m_SP08.jpg

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd assume they fit like the other classic fits. IMO their officer's chino with a taper job would be a better value.

itskub

Reaction score
For a tall skinny frame, J.crew- no. Uniqlo's are the best fitting, but I just dont like the oatmeal color. The search continues...

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
they're kinda pricey ($190 retail) but I really dig the Shipley & Halmos waxed cotton chinos I got last month

mine are in a navy color, but I just tried some on a few weeks ago that were in a greenish/teal that were nice (but not sure what I'd wear em with) and the gal at American Rag said more colors were arriving by now. I think a true khaki color was in the delivery

the fit is great, a true slimfit and I dig the faux selvedge they sew on the seams, really clean construction

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find Uniqlo chinos slim & CHEAP!

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just buy whatever chino is on sale and have them altered by a tailor and give them my thigh, knee, ankle measurements and the results are very good.

The slimmest chinos I've come across without having to jump up to designers is GAP, though the ankle needs to be tapered a little bit because otherwise it looks like a boot cut. I hear Uniqlo makes some slim ones as well.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ot, but chrono have you seen the tres bien x our legacy collab shirt? just announced. pretty dope looking, great for summer, but pretty expensive too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics