• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EG Sale?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Panzeraxe II
Anyone know how long EGs sale shipping typically takes?

They ship with all the alacrity of the English retail sector. You should have your shoes before the next sale starts.

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone grab the Hythe as a first pick? Don't know, the combination of wholecut and cap toe struck me as... odd.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by josepidal
Anyone grab the Hythe as a first pick? Don't know, the combination of wholecut and cap toe struck me as... odd.
It's not a wholecut. It's got a swan's neck seam.
eg_hythe_606_edwardian_ddmcdonald.jpg
I don't like throats without stitching unless it is a wholecut, so this shoe doesn't really appeal to me.

sysdoc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Hate away, son, they are mine.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

laugh.gif
+
fing02[1].gif
.................. Was at the sale at 9:05 AM today ... and pretty disappointed. The worst selection I have experienced at an EG sale to date. Good thing was, I met Bengal-Stripe!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
That totally made up for EG's meagre selection!
smile.gif
Oh yeah, I bought only two pairs ... worst turn out of all EG sales.
bored.gif
Ray informed us that Mr. Portnoy rang at about 10:40 AM (5:40 AM EDT). Gotta be an early bird if you want to catch a Beaulieu or Hythe ...
wink.gif
Good going, Andrew! Are you satisfied?

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sysdoc

Oh yeah, I bought only two pairs ... worst turn out of all EG sales.
bored.gif

Ray informed us that Mr. Portnoy rang at about 10:40 AM (5:40 AM EDT). Gotta be an early bird if you want to catch a Beaulieu or Hythe ...
wink.gif
Good going, Andrew! Are you satisfied?

Couldn't agree more my friend, pickens' were mighty slim. No monks or boots in our size.
frown.gif

I also could find only two pair. I nabbed the Hythe in burnt pine on 888 and Fawsley in black on the 888. The first pair of black shoes I've added since I don't know when. But I needed a black stitch cap and these are especially nice.

What did you end up going for?

As an aside, Ray and Robert are high quality gents, abosolute gems!

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
That is a bad sale.
wink.gif

For sysdoc and me, about 5 pairs under normal volume.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Panzeraxe II
You got up at 5:40 to call EG? - I salute your commitment sir!

blush.gif

This is a national holiday in my house!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

sysdoc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
Couldn't agree more my friend, pickens' were mighty slim. No monks or boots in our size.
frown.gif
I also could find only two pair. I nabbed the Hythe in burnt pine on 888 and Fawsley in black on the 888. The first pair of black shoes I've added since I don't know when. But I needed a black stitch cap and these are especially nice. What did you end up going for? As an aside, Ray and Robert are high quality gents, abosolute gems!

smile.gif
I saw the Hythe, but I've already got a special Hythe in Burnt Pine on the 606, so I left it alone. They actually had an 8E Falmouth in Edwardian that was heavily antiqued on the 82 last if I remember correctly. Dunno if that was on the list as I never requested it. This one could maybe still be interesting to you. It was only 295 GBP (minus VAT for you). I got this funky Dark Oak Croc/Dark Oak Calf Captoe Oxford, forgot the name. It was the only original shoe I spotted. Besides that I also went for the Beaulieu in DkOak, however in 8.5E, as the 8E had supposedly been sniped by a SF-member from the Far East. They had one in 8D and 8F as well. Let me see if I can shoot a quick picture of the croc pseudo spectator ...
wink.gif

Joseph K. Bank

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
It's not a wholecut. It's got a swan's neck seam.

eg_hythe_606_edwardian_ddmcdonald.jpg

I don't like throats without stitching unless it is a wholecut, so this shoe doesn't really appeal to me.

The color of these is not very consistent; they almost blend in with that old wood table.

sysdoc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
For sysdoc and me, about 5 pairs under normal volume.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I can absolutely acknowledge that! Minimum 5 pairs, sometimes a few more ...
blush.gif
I have to admit thought that I had been to JL in Northampton on Monday and JL Jermyn St. on Tuesday. I also went to see Dean Girling on Wednesday to place a little order ...
shog[1].gif
I love JL's current line-up and the September 07 collection is meant to be even better. Right now, Lobb and G&G are all I need. I am not so crazy about EG anymore ... their stuff is starting to get old and the TD-line is seriously overpriced.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wizenmark