• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you ever compliment Women on their fashion?

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
+1. Most women just carry a designer bag, which they think makes up for the fact that they are dressed like shite.

Seconded.

They think it's shabby chic and youre supposed to think its awesome and hot and that they are probably a celebrity who is "just getting some coffee" and hoping that the paparazzi wont notice them.

Girls piss me off.

Margaret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You do want them to think you're gay; they'll feel comfortable around you, open up to you, pull you into their offices at random times to ask your opinion of the bra they're wearing ("Too slutty for the office? Be honest...")... Then you pounce. Unless you really are gay. I'm kidding. At work, don't even talk to women; you will be sued. I'm kidding. What was the question?

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
oh shut up, its clearly a joke and much worse is said on these forums. get a grip.

i was joking man. way to make it more serious!

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking back at the very rare cases, I think I have only given compliments to old women
confused.gif

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love to coat hangers on what they are wearing when they look good, especially if it is something I can tell is new or not often worn. You just have to be careful not to overdo complements or you'll come across as a creepy simpering wimp. My theory is, keep the kiss-ups to a minimum so it is a welcome treat when you offer them. But let your eyes, smile, and demeanor be a complement to a lady every time you see her.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
careful. if it's a work situation and you are in any sort of superior position, it could be construed as sexual harassment. Now if you're the mail boy, compliment as much as you want.

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At work or at play I always compliment women on how they're dressed that day. I've yet to meet a woman who didn't like be told she looks good.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghulkhan
i was joking man. way to make it more serious!

oops, i didnt think you were joking! my bad! ahhh im such a loser.
on a more serious note, i sometimes do compliment, but i dont want to come off as a guy that will do/say anything to a girl just in the hopes of getting with her. i think the situation has to be right.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gorgekko
At work or at play I always compliment women on how they're dressed that day. I've yet to meet a woman who didn't like be told she looks good.

obviously it's also in the delivery and whether one has a creepy air about them while giving the compliment (like licking of the lips and a lustful glare). But one guy's compliment (beyond, "that shirt looks nice on you" - which can arguably raise brows), can be a chick's insult. Of course know who you are dealing with and be sensitive to the type of relationship you have.

I think, "you look hot in that, and are you wearing any panties?" works pretty well.

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by warlok1965
I love to coat hangers on what they are wearing when they look good, especially if it is something I can tell is new or not often worn. You just have to be careful not to overdo complements or you'll come across as a creepy simpering wimp. My theory is, keep the kiss-ups to a minimum so it is a welcome treat when you offer them. But let your eyes, smile, and demeanor be a complement to a lady every time you see her.

+1.

And I find it a little odd to refer to anything by brand. Even in the unlikely event that I'd recognize a brand, you're better off just saying "I like your purse," or "cool shoes". After all, you are a guy. Guys shouldn't be brand whores.

I also generally complement the item or the combination of items that the woman is wearing, rather than the woman herself. Complimenting the woman herself (i.e. "you look great today") is reserved for a limited selection of females.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I compliment my wife on stuff she wears. Saying "Oh Coach, I love it" to a random stranger is for teh geyz.

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by montecristo#4
After all, you are a guy. Guys shouldn't be brand whores.

Yeah...but then again look where you are posting this.
devil.gif

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
all im seeing in my head in an extremely flaming guy saying, oh coach, i love it. i cant really see a straight guy saying that. i can see a straight guy saying something like nice purse, i like the stlye etc. i think it being coach makes it even gayer. who the hell likes coach!?!?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sistersaucy