• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many changes of clothes do you go thru in one day?

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Three.
1. Walking the dog/early morning clothes
2. Work clothes
3. Evening casual/walking the dog clothes

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by merkur
Are 1 and 3 the same clothes? Are the clothes in 1 the clothes you wake up in and 3 the clothes you go to bed in?
No.

houserichichi

Reaction score
Depending if I work out in the morning there would be clothing for that [1]. Next come clothing for work [2]. Then come clothing for lounging around the house in [3] OR clothing to go out to dinner in which would definitely be at least a variant of my work clothes (suit) but never the exact same outfit [4], then possibly a night on the town set of clothing [5]. Then sleep, depending on what I feel like wearing [6].

On a bad day I'd say [2], [3], [6] but on a good one it could go the whole gamut. so between 3 and 6 times! Good lord!

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Unless I'm exercising, I get dressed in the morning and get undressed at night. That's it. No "home clothes" or "dinner clothes."

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by houserichichi
Depending if I work out in the morning there would be clothing for that [1]. Next come clothing for work [2]. Then come clothing for lounging around the house in [3] OR clothing to go out to dinner in which would definitely be at least a variant of my work clothes (suit) but never the exact same outfit [4], then possibly a night on the town set of clothing [5]. Then sleep, depending on what I feel like wearing [6].

On a bad day I'd say [2], [3], [6] but on a good one it could go the whole gamut. so between 3 and 6 times! Good lord!

So first you go out and have dinner [4] and then you change [5] before hitting the town? Is that because you go to "clubbing" in "guido" clothes that would not be appropriate for dinner?

I mostly use three set os clothes (at least during the week), namely work clothes [1], lounging-around-the-house clothes [2] (interestingly, the lounge suits I use for work and not for lounging-around-the-house), and a last set of clothes which is either casual-walking-the-dogs clothes [3.1] or smarter going-out-dining-and/or-hitting-the-town-(but-no-guido-clubs) clothes [3.2].

That does not include the clothes I go to bed in and the clothes I wake up in. Interestingly, my experience is that I often wake up with the same clothes I went to bed with. I may be missing something.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have three outfits in a normal day.
1) Get up, throw on some lounge clothes to make coffee, eat breakfast, etc.
2) Shower, groom, and dress properly for the day.
3) Don comfy at home clothes after I get home from work. It's not advisable to cook, or garden, or whatever else, in a suit and tie, as far as I have experienced.

JayJay and epa, I need to get me a dog so I might wear, as you both penned, "walking the dog" clothes, instead of just "looking like a slob" clothes
smile.gif

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
get up, pretty much stay in yesterdays boxers until I get into the shower.
shower, then get dressed in the clothes for work, unless I excersize before work that day
get home from work, put on sweats and a tee shirt or a sweat shirt, sometimes a robe and sweat pants

during the day, if I excersize, change into relevant excersize clothing

that is pretty much it.

when I lived in warm places, I would change my shirt at lunch

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

1. clothes from previous night (i.e. PJs)
2. work clothes
3. workout clothes or clothes to knock around the house in
4. PJs

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
JayJay and epa, I need to get me a dog so I might wear, as you both penned, "walking the dog" clothes, instead of just "looking like a slob" clothes
smile.gif

The possibility of changing into walking-the-dog clothes twice a day makes your life so much more interesting and opens up many sartorially challenging possibilities. I really recommend it. Now, true, dogs can have a certain impact on your clothing, especially when they come running to happily greet you while you are wearing white or beige pants. In this sense, a smaller dog can be preferable.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawson-james