• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

where to print a tshirt design

randomtw

Reaction score
Anybody here ever printed their t's before? I've purchased a tshirt and was wondering if it would be possible to take the design off that shirt and put it on another shirt.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
The only way that I could think of doing that would be silkscreening. You could have it done in other ways, but to do it yourself, that's all I can think of.

randomtw

Reaction score
how much would it cost to do something like that?

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You would pay out the ass for someone else to do it for you. Silkscreening is cheap and easy!

Assuming you went with the photo emulsion method
You'd scan that shirt onto the computer to make a nice clean copy of the image.
Print the image out on transparency paper (do it at Kinkos for $2)
Use the photo emulsion method (chemicals, glass, transparency, lights)

If you do it right you'll get a high quality screen that will be good for several dozen prints.

If it's a less complicated design there are simpler ways (stencil and blocking ink) to make a more permanent screen.

Check out YouTube for video tutorials that make more sense.

randomtw

Reaction score
thanks for the info, i was talking about costs out of my pocket for the materials

makes for an interesting sideproject when I have the time

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
kinkos is probably your easiest option.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
The whole endeavor of making your own screen for the first time will probably cost you between $50 and $70 (inks, emulsion, lights, fixtures, screens, frames, etc. included) depending on the quality of materials you choose to buy. After that, each subsequent print is cheaper because you are using or building upon already purchased supplies. I used to screenprint shirts and posters for grindcore and fastcore bands in the southeast and had a great time doing it. I have the only Assuck "vivisection" screen ever made (because I stole their art and put it together myself, but they loved it). It is hanging on my wall.

woadie

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this will help, but I've designed a number of shirts for my fraternity. I looked up a local place that does screenprints, and have done several 50+ orders w/ them. They charge a base charge (~$7) for the t-shirt, then charge $20 per color on each side of the shirt. It might be a little tough to do an order on 1 shirt, as most of these places have equipment geared toward bulk orders and it might not be worth their time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads