• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to find shoes for a good price on the net.

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have often read in threads here about members finding AE's and such in the less then $100 range. Being up in Canada, and more to the point in Calgary, I am limited in the selection of stores that I can browse at mainly Holts and Harry Rosen with a few smaller stores placed here and there.

Also how does one navigate all the different sizing ranges. Sadly I have not yet exposed my self to the D's and E's of feet. Clearly I know what size I would use in a normal sneaker or standard type shoe.

overdog

Reaction score
You could take your chances on cheap second-hand shoes in the $20 range to get a feel for AE's sizing, for example.

Or if you have a little more cash on hand, you can buy shoes for full price from Zappos.com or Endless.com to try the shoes on, and then look for them on ebay if you like them. Both vendors have free return shipping. The catch, I believe, is that it takes several weeks for the return credit to show up on your statement.

prozach1576

Reaction score
In the last two weeks I've found two pairs of AE Sanfords in excellent condition (black and brown) for a total of $60 on eBay. You just have to take some time looking.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go to Harry Rosen and try on a few pairs of AE if you want to buy them online. Make sure to note the last (last number of the 4 digit sequence below the size).

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by overdog
Or if you have a little more cash on hand, you can buy shoes for full price from Zappos.com or Endless.com to try the shoes on, and then look for them on ebay if you like them. Both vendors have free return shipping. The catch, I believe, is that it takes several weeks for the return credit to show up on your statement.
Zappos won't ship to Canada. And a lot of places like STP ship via couriers, who charge outrageous duty. eBay is pretty much your only choice, and stick with USPS.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads