• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you do to celebrate Valentines Day?

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We don't go out. It is too disappointing.

We stay in, exchange cards, have a great wine, nice dessert. I buy my wife flowers. By special request I bring out my guitar and sing one song.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Watch TV together , playing with the kids before I have to go to work at 11pm.

AndyMG

Reaction score
We had our valentines day yesterday due to both our work commitments. I bought her something from Penhaligon's and she baked me some great cakes. A lovely day and we managed to avoid too much commercialsim creeping in.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

We had our valentines day yesterday due to both our work commitments. I bought her something from Penhaligon's and she baked me some great cakes. A lovely day and we managed to avoid too much commercialsim creeping in.

Yeah, due to work we are going out to dinner tomorrow night. A restaurant we both have really been wanting to go to for a long time, but kept putting it off for the tried and true. I looked online at the wine list and was not thrilled so I don't know how I feel about it anymore. :confused:

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My gf's mom's bday coincides with valentines day. she usually goes to celebrate her mom's bday with her. Which works out since restaurants are packed on Valentine's day with expensive disappointment. We treat it pretty much as any other day other than we say happy valentine's day, no presents, chocolates or flowers. :)

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I picked up some lobster tails, made some chocolate covered strawberries, and we'll drink some wine. More than we usually do for V-day, but we've been a little lazy about going out this year so mixing things up a bit.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got back from the flower shop. Guys are lined up out the door. $79 for a dozen red roses.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking of hitting up a local bar/club. No one wants to go out, so I'm thinking of rolling solo and getting trashed there (taking a taxi) and see if I can pick up tonight. Haven't done that in a few years, and in years past I recall it just being a bunch of dudes with the same idea as myself.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always buy my girl 13 roses so she can one-up her coworkers that only get a dozen.

We didn't go out because I'm vaguely sick, and it's a work day. We will go out on Saturday for it.

AndyMG

Reaction score
Yeah, due to work we are going out to dinner tomorrow night. A restaurant we both have really been wanting to go to for a long time, but kept putting it off for the tried and true. I looked online at the wine list and was not thrilled so I don't know how I feel about it anymore.
confused.gif

Give it a go, you might be pleasantly surprised. Besides, what's wrong with Blue Nun?
biggrin.gif

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had a crywank.

Philip

Reaction score
I wanked in the staff bathroom. Normally i'm extra horny at work because i see womenz in their gym clothes passing by.

Normally if I was going out with someone during Valentines Day we won't do anything because I don't fall for that maudlin ****, although i think last year I booked a nice hotel room with my ex and all we did was pig out on food and hours worth of sitcoms for two nights, and other 'things'. Then again I think it was just a coincidence that the hotel stay went on during Valentines Day.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads