• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are your thoughts on laser beard removal and electrolysis?

Reaction score
I'm well off enough and found a great place/deal for laser beard removal only 1000 for unlimited sessions. To me that's a steal for never having to shave again (i know some of you enjoy shaving but i will never be one of those people, to me it will always be work and i hate the feeling of having a beard)
I'm fairly young (23) and am constantly taking care of my face (sunscreen, daily exfoliating...etc) so i'm worried that even if done 100 percent correctly might have some long term negative effects on my youthful image.

My question is how does it impact the skin in terms of health and facial aging?

Reaction score
I really really dislike all aspects of facial hair. The shaving aspect (i use a DE), the five o clock shadow, the chemicals(although harmless), the routine. I don't look good with a beard and i have a small spec on my face that doesn't grow hair anyways so i look twice as dumb with one.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I lasered the space in between my eyebrows and my hands a few years ago. Eyebrows quite hurt and it still grew back eventually, but the hand hair is noticeably lighter.

hoozah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what if mankind is hit with a treacherous apocalyptic ice age and men must grow beards to survive.

darnelled

Reaction score
I did laser at age 34 because I had such dense growth that I looked like I had 5 o'clock shadow right after shaving.

It will take lots of sessions so the price is pretty good. Buy some good numbing gel, since it feels like someone popping your face repeatedly with a rubber band. The area around your mouth will hurt the most. You will look like you got a bad razor burn for a few days, so plan your socializing and work accordingly. This will decrease as you get treatments.

I still have some hair around my mouth so will shave daily, but it is quick and I never have a 5 o'clock shadow now. I would've finished it all, but the only local place for this closed.

Last edited:

emc894

Reaction score
I considered this on my lower neck because of razor burn but didn't go through with it. My girlfriend loves some stubble but I hate it.

I ultimately didn't do it because of the expense and the fact that the technology will probably be way better in five years anyway.

nystyle86

Reaction score
Electrolysis is more expensive but it's 100% guarantee to work and is more precise; there are master electrologists out there that work super fast but harder to find. Laser can work, but will not remove 100% of the facial hair as it can only achieve some level of reduction. Other issues with laser is type of laser machine used (because not all lasers provide equal results) and most challenging aspect is finding a well trained and experienced technician that knows how to work on facial hair. Most common issue with laser is patchy results or regrowth after several years because poor settings were used during treatments. Don't chase sales, promotions and special package deals, look for competent providers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads