• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tuxedo Question - Hugo Boss

NeedAnAnswerPls

Reaction score
I've found this really fabulous tuxedo which I really like from Hugo Boss. Now I understand the negative feedback on Hugo Boss suits how they are expensive and the suit quality doesn't match with the price but it's fine, it's for my wedding and you only get married once ( I hope ). Now in regards to how the suit looks, like I mentioned earlier, it's fabulous. My problem, my biggest problem is that I'm ordering it online ( don't ask why it doesn't matter I have no choice ) and have no idea if how the suit is designed will fit. I'm a size 48R supposedly and am wondering if I could get you guys lovely advise on what would be the best course of action to take in my situation.

Suit Details ( What I have )

Comfort Fit

1 Buttoned Front
Back length: 75 cm (29.5 in.) in size 38R; will vary slightly depending on size
Fully Lined

Pants

Regular rise, sits at waist
Zip fly with button and hook-and-bar closure
Two back welt pockets with button closure
Foot width: approx. 43 cm (17 in.)

Now what should I do, there's a boss store a bit far from where I live ( approx 30-45 mins away ) and a macy's ( around 10 mins ) from where I live. What would be the best and safest action to do here to guarantee that the tuxedo I order will be the closest & best fit to me. Should I go to macy's and measure myself and ask for my size or Hugo Boss and measure my size there? If they do not have my suit available for measure, which most likely they wont, would it be the same thing? Or is measuring my size in macy's using some of their suits available the same thing?

*important note, I am short of time and have to order this tuxedo within the next 24 hours so please take that into consideration for action required.

** If you have additional time or interest to answer another question, the 1 button may produce a break that could show my inner white tux shirt. I understand that suspenders or a cummerbund would solve this problem if it occurs, I wanted to ask that I'm a fairly large built person, what would be more comfortable for my wedding?

*** Also, my tuxedo shirt, black button or silver button? Cuffs or no Cuffs? If so what cuffs would be good?

Thank you guys so much in advance !!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads