• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Soho Love Goddess.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is there a tldr version? I can't read a sentence of that before my mind starts to wander.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it just is not sympathetic to me. men who "need" (their word, not mine) a certain heel, a certain this, a certain that, are just being pussies. i love women's feet, but as soon as the article becomes about men's secret desires, it becomes feminine. men are very simple.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I imagine her response would be that such specificity is distinctly masculine and that women characteristically do not fetishize.

In any case, there were some interesting observations, but it's mostly arrogated pop psych bullshit dressed up in florid prose.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
I imagine her response would be that such specificity is distinctly masculine and that women characteristically do not fetishize.

In any case, there were some interesting observations, but it's mostly arrogated pop psych bullshit dressed up in florid prose.

a fetish is one thing. a fetish for a specific body part on a particular model year of a particular car, is GAY.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I appreciate the fact that she apparently doesn't use "slang" and lots of swear-words to describe sex. Sex described in ascetic academic tones is far more compelling.

It gives off a medicinal, perverse vibe, unsentimental and voyeuristic.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta
a fetish is one thing. a fetish for a specific body part on a particular model year of a particular car, is GAY.
A fetish would be categorized as a distinct, obsessive, almost mystical fixation given to what is usually an innocuous item; and I think culturally, it is a largely male phenomenon, whether heterosexual or homosexual.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I appreciate the fact that she apparently doesn't use "slang" and lots of swear-words to describe sex. Sex described in ascetic academic tones is far more compelling.

It gives off a medicinal, perverse vibe.

agreed.

her take on men's desires still has an outsider feel to it. show me a woman who understands what men want, not a woman who studies and has rote knowledge.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta
agreed. her take on men's desires still has an outsider feel to it. show me a woman who understands what men want, not a woman who studies and has rote knowledge.
Characteristically, a fetish would be inherently "outsider", I think. Fetishes are largely academic and rather technical in their range despite the intent of arousal and its patois is something that can be learned. Fetishes have very narrow dimensions and is definitely unlike the mysteries of romance.

unpainted huffheinz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing

It gives off a medicinal, perverse vibe, unsentimental and voyeuristic.

JG Ballard fan?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads