• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suit alterations in London?

bitsofcloth

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm currently seeking a alternations tailor to carry out some work on a couple of suits. Does anyone know of any good - and hopefully reasonably priced - alternation tailors in London (preferably West Zone 2) area? I've already done a forum search for this topic, but most of the tailors recommended seem to be either defunct or currently closed for orders until the new year. Any recommendations welcome!

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're not gonna find anything in Zone 2.

I use K.S. Tailoring Services (Khan) near St. George Square.

He also does work for a few of the bespoke West End firms (e.g. Huntsman) and some MTM shops. With alterations you generally get what you pay for - for the quality of the work, he charges reasonable prices, but it's not cheap. Turnaround times are decent too (1-2 weeks).

bitsofcloth

Reaction score
Thanks te0o. Sounds like a potential candidate. Will add that one to my list!

DaAlSh

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm currently seeking a alternations tailor to carry out some work on a couple of suits. Does anyone know of any good - and hopefully reasonably priced - alternation tailors in London (preferably West Zone 2) area? I've already done a forum search for this topic, but most of the tailors recommended seem to be either defunct or currently closed for orders until the new year. Any recommendations welcome!
Been in London for 30+ years and used many for minor alterations (hemming, taking waist in, etc.), but if it requires any technical expertise the only place I would now use is Hidalgo Brothers, 2nd Floor, 13 Savile Row.

DavidS

bitsofcloth

Reaction score
The alterations are fairly simple to be honest - letting out the trousers, taking out some shoulder pads/adding some new ones, so a Savile Row alterations tailor would probably be overkill in this instance. Can you recommend any others? Thanks.

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Changing shoulder pads on a suit isn’t the simplest alteration. I think you have two good recommendations, why don’t you check them out first?

TomTom

Reaction score
Been in London for 30+ years and used many for minor alterations (hemming, taking waist in, etc.), but if it requires any technical expertise the only place I would now use is Hidalgo Brothers, 2nd Floor, 13 Savile Row.

DavidS
Same here..

bitsofcloth

Reaction score
Changing shoulder pads on a suit isn’t the simplest alteration. I think you have two good recommendations, why don’t you check them out first?

See my response above.

Thanks,

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
See my response above.

Thanks,
I have seen your response - I did quote it in my reply.

You're not gonna get numerous recommendations here. You have two good suggestions for places that do quality work. If you're not happy with those, you're completely free to use your lovely neighbourhood dry cleaners/alterations place. Hope it works out.

Viserys

Reaction score
I hate to do necro posting but I think this may be a useful reference if someone browses in future.

I highly recommend Alterations Couture in 72 Wells Street, Fitzrovia (not far away from Oxford Circus). They have done complex jobs for me (including sizing up jackets) and the quality of the work has always been excellent. The tailor is also very happy to make further amendments at no extra charge if you bring the garment back and say you'd like it altered more. Turnaround is decent too (aropund 2 weeks). Since finding this place I've not gone anywhere else.
It isn't cheap but charges are reasonable considering how thoroughly they work.

To note that prices for alterations (and not only) in London have skyrocketed over the past 2 years.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads