• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stupid-simple fix for stretched jeans "butt point"

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I had put my APCs (NS/sized down 1-2) to rest for quite a while after getting the SFx5EP which fit pretty similarly. One of the main reasons I didn't wear them anymore was the pointy butt syndrome they had - where the back would poof out right at the main 4-way-stop seam a couple inches below the rear belt loop. I could hitch them up higher to avoid this, but then the front was tight and they didn't look right. Another problem was that narrower (1-1/2") belts would ride up above the top of the jeans at the back, because the loops were so big and stretched loose that they couldn't keep the belt in place. I tried wider belts which helped a little, but didn't solve the poof.

While messing around I tried pinching the belt in place at the bottom of the loop to see what would happen, and it seemed to kind of fix the problem. I figured that if I could keep the belt down there, it would fix it pretty well. I considered just pinning the top section of the belt loop to make it smaller, but decided to actually move it down, and guess what, no more butt point. All it really does is hitch up the middle of the back just a little bit to keep that part from sagging. If you went too far you could get wedgie problems, but just a bit makes it perfect. I may also move the back side ones halfway down, but for now this works pretty well.

All I did was to undo the stitching at the top seam and the bottom of the loop, and restitch the top 1/2" lower and the bottom down where it ended up. The loop stayed connected under the waistband like normal. It's a little narrower now, but they were huge to begin with. Moving all three of the back ones would make them look a little like the early jeans with the low loops - maybe there was a reason for it after all. Keeps the waistband from curling over, duh.

apcloopbz0.jpg

So if you have a pair of jeans you like but have this problem of the center back poofing out, give this a shot before giving up on them. I'll post fit pics later.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads