• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

coldinboston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
new bonafe MTO arrived
as always service and delivery on point
PTB in deer leather
cant comment on durability but very supple and soft as expected.
glamour shot by skoak

DSC_1915.jpg

20181117_093322.jpg

20181117_092228.jpg

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What the heck is the deal with the Gatoraides? We're 3 months overdue on these now with little explanation of the hold up.

I’m really sorry about this. First there was a delay in the order itself as they admin department didn’t punch in the order as they should have, thus it was introduced after the Balligtor, followed by the leather department not notifying when the Caiman leather becoming available again (it ran out during the Balligator order). I have had very few speed bumps with the factory and unfortunately we hit two in a row with this order. We are working at improvements going forward. Let me just extend my apologies again, factory said they are shipping out next week.

b0rderman

Reaction score
Does anyone with the EB Jumper boot have issues with what seems to be a very tall heel? The suede Jumpers that just arrived are stunning but I feel like I am falling forward at all times. I may need to find another boot.

visigoth

Reaction score
I've been eyeing the Carlos Santos Jumper Boot in Coimbra Patina. Gorgeous. Question: would this go well with a charcoal three-piece suit? Too casual?

dangerous

Reaction score
I've been eyeing the Carlos Santos Jumper Boot in Coimbra Patina. Gorgeous. Question: would this go well with a charcoal three-piece suit? Too casual?

Absolutely, especially with the commando sole. I'd go for the black balmoral boot if you're looking for a pair of boots.

visigoth

Reaction score
Absolutely, especially with the commando sole. I'd go for the black balmoral boot if you're looking for a pair of boots.

Yes, I see your point with the sole. I like the Balmorals, but I'm really looking for something in a dark (or darkish) brown -- maybe wine -- as I have too much in the way of black footwear. Might be I should go with the Coimbra Dress Shoes, or the Classic Oxford Guimaraes Patina shoes? Both stunning, even though a boot appeals more, and a rubber sole would be more useful come winter.

(The Grain Derby Boot looks great -- as does the Field Boot in Calf/Grain , but these would probably be even more casual, right?)

dangerous

Reaction score
Yes, I see your point with the sole. I like the Balmorals, but I'm really looking for something in a dark (or darkish) brown -- maybe wine -- as I have too much in the way of black footwear. Might be I should go with the Coimbra Dress Shoes, or the Classic Oxford Guimaraes Patina shoes? Both stunning, even though a boot appeals more, and a rubber sole would be more useful come winter.

(The Grain Derby Boot looks great -- as does the Field Boot in Calf/Grain , but these would probably be even more casual, right?)

The grain is meh, but the field boot is cool.

Have you looked at the Löf & Tung offerings? It's a small step up in price but there are more alternatives and higher quality, atleast by my experience of owning both.

visigoth

Reaction score
Just looking at those now. The boots would seem even less appropriate for a suit, however, don't you think? (Except for the Chelsea boots, which don't appeal.)

dangerous

Reaction score
Just looking at those now. The boots would seem even less appropriate for a suit, however, don't you think? (Except for the Chelsea boots, which don't appeal.)

I didn't realise all their dressy models are black. I think the Jodhpurs are good. The Kingsley in calf/suede is good.

chrfi

Reaction score
Does anyone with the EB Jumper boot have issues with what seems to be a very tall heel? The suede Jumpers that just arrived are stunning but I feel like I am falling forward at all times. I may need to find another boot.

I just got the same boots. They have a fairly tall heel, but I think the boots are still balanced quite well - I don't have the feeling of falling forward with those.

I haven't really worn mine though, I can't tie them due to laces being too short (120cm vs 140cm usually with this eyelet spec), hoping Skoak will sort this somehow for me.

chrfi

Reaction score
This is a pretty small city, I was not able to find similar longer laces unfortunately. I'm sure I could eventually order them somewhere though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads