• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alisher

Reaction score
Hello. I have a size in Lof&Tung 7UK last S, T. What size would you advise to take in Carmina last Inca or Simpson?

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Managed to get me a pair of Kingsleys in black Utah/suede. Since it is my first time handling Utah I was wondering how do people care for their Utah leather? Regular shoe cream? Bick4? Educate me please.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello. I have a size in Lof&Tung 7UK last S, T. What size would you advise to take in Carmina last Inca or Simpson?
The same size.

Managed to get me a pair of Kingsleys in black Utah/suede. Since it is my first time handling Utah I was wondering how do people care for their Utah leather? Regular shoe cream? Bick4? Educate me please.

Bick4 is enough.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Changes

Dear friends and fellow shoe nerds,

February 19th 2022 marks the end of an era. After almost ten years as a brick an mortar store, we are converting to an online only store. Of course the pandemic has fueled this change, but even before the pandemic we saw a decline in demand for premium grade welted shoes so the change would have come sooner or later. It's just not possible to sustain a large store in such a premium location in Stockholm, where sadly more and more people are just trying to make a bargain. Of course, running a dress shoe store in a country where even bankers and lawyers wear sneakers does not help. ?

So going forward we will focus our goods to cater to fellow shoe connoisseurs and clients who appreciate craftsmanship and sustainability. This means slimming down our range of products and offering more MTO and GMTO goods. In order to cater to this group I will have one of my staff members dedicate themselves to this segment, which I hope will improve service level and professionalism.

We will host a sale in the store on Nybrogatan from Tuesday January 25th until we close the shop. Feel free to pop by and say hello! As of this date there is no online sale planned.

And please remember to support your local #menswear (brick & mortar) retailers, everyone is struggling right now. Take care and let me know if you have any questions! We will continue to be SF forum members and affiliates as long as it continues to be a relevant place for us to have a discussion about quality shoes in general and our products in particular.

Kind regards,
Patrik a.k.a Leaves

vmss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Changes

Dear friends and fellow shoe nerds,

February 19th 2022 marks the end of an era. After almost ten years as a brick an mortar store, we are converting to an online only store. Of course the pandemic has fueled this change, but even before the pandemic we saw a decline in demand for premium grade welted shoes so the change would have come sooner or later. It's just not possible to sustain a large store in such a premium location in Stockholm, where sadly more and more people are just trying to make a bargain. Of course, running a dress shoe store in a country where even bankers and lawyers wear sneakers does not help. ?

So going forward we will focus our goods to cater to fellow shoe connoisseurs and clients who appreciate craftsmanship and sustainability. This means slimming down our range of products and offering more MTO and GMTO goods. In order to cater to this group I will have one of my staff members dedicate themselves to this segment, which I hope will improve service level and professionalism.

We will host a sale in the store on Nybrogatan from Tuesday January 25th until we close the shop. Feel free to pop by and say hello! As of this date there is no online sale planned.

And please remember to support your local #menswear (brick & mortar) retailers, everyone is struggling right now. Take care and let me know if you have any questions! We will continue to be SF forum members and affiliates as long as it continues to be a relevant place for us to have a discussion about quality shoes in general and our products in particular.

Kind regards,
Patrik a.k.a Leaves

Which brands will you continue to work with and offer online in the future?

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Which brands will you continue to work with and offer online in the future?

StC, EB, L&T mainly as well as all our accessories brands. We might have to let Saphir go as many of their products are flammable and thus we can’t export them hassle free.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good luck @Leaves
I am not surprised at all. The SF community is on life support too. The fine well-built shoes are worn as ornament these days. The pandemic just sped things up, that's all.

Kochegar

Reaction score
Good luck @Leaves
Visited your shop in 2019 and liked it very much!
1643011670834.png

sdfzs

Reaction score
As one of those blessed with ability to physically visit the store and who developed the interest over time inspired by many of the excellent individuals who worked in the store it's sad news. Having had the ability to interact with the excellent staff has been outstanding in my view and while the team members naturally changed over the year you always had a great team @Leaves

I still fondly remember my first Carmina purchase assisted by Alexander (still in rotation), my first MTO discussion with Gabriel for the very first and fondly worn pair of StC MTO's (Helping me decide on that remaining stunning TCK leather) and the journey from there leading to a shoe count my wife must never truly know.

I hope the future will hold good things for the evolved Skoaktiebolaget and I sure hope there will be continued possibilities to interact with individuals and meet makers at trunk shows moving forward in a way that set physical stores aside from online-only outlets.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads